Leaving Cert Nostalgia (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
the-quadratic-formula2.jpg

pleased to report my leaving cert nightmares have gotten much rarer now, 12 years later

i think the last one was about a year ago, having a maths exam in an hour but not realising i was meant to be have done maths as a subject and not able to even find a copy of the textbook

song that reminds me of leaving cert #1 (1992)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

song that reminds me of leaving cert #2 (1993)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hearing the kids from the primary school next door cheering Robbie Keane's last minute equalizer against Germany during English Paper 2 (I think).
christ i'd forgotten about that.

FUCK the leaving cert.

(going for a walk along the beach before my last exam, which was music)

I give grinds in maths, chemistry and biology; all that stuff lives with me every week. My cousin is doing his leaving right now and I've been going through English with him too. I reckon I could get a decent number of points if I did it this year.

I don't want to derail the thread totally but during the very first exam of my Junior Cert (English paper I), the guy in front of me got five minutes into the exam before turning to his right and puking all over the floor. He then turned back and started writing. It was a belting hot day, the room was stifling and he had sprayed all over my bottle of water. Still haunts me.

I was torn between doing English and science in college. I chose science but ended up taking a literature course in third year to shake things up a bit.
I was all gung ho history from primary school right up to 6th year. Dropped it after 1 year in college cos I absolutely hated it.

The morning of my science exam in the inter I got the news that my grand dad had died. I had to finish my breakfast, get the bus and do the exam.
Also that year for the Art exam there was me, Dylan Moran and one other guy in the room. None of us did Art in school.

I did exam attendant in 1990 (the lad who sits outside and brings the coffee into the examiner). I was in transition year at the time and Italia '90 was on.

I remember the first day of the exams, about an hour into English paper 2 and a friend of my older brothers walks by with his bag on his back. I asked him how he could be finished already - he said he wasnt finished, but that he wanted to go home to watch the Ireland-England match.

Poor fucker was distraught when I pointed out that Scotland-Costa Rica was the early game, and that Ireland-England didn't start til 8 that evening.

Didnt someone come in and say "Nobody make any noise but ireland has just equalised" and the exam hall
erupted to which me and you exchanged ideas on two different questions?

Fun times indeed

ahaha, did we? shit I can't remember

Here, did anyone else cheat? I know I wrote a few words to remind myself of concepts and maybe a maths formula on my arms here and there.

I did exam attendant in 1990 (the lad who sits outside and brings the coffee into the examiner). I was in transition year at the time

i did that in '91 after 5th year, trying to save spending money for a trip to the u.s.

got paid £6.04 per day for the grand total of 5 days (i drew the short straw in terms of allocation of days)

A level chemistry. what as i thinking. I still use my school calculator for promotion exams. it has an exceptionally large tippex drawing of an old classmate with 'douglas is a jimmy hill' written beisde it on the back (not my work). as well as other insults of increasing offense.

still waiting on that promotion.

GCSE memory - roberto carlos big thighs.
A level memory - fragma toca's miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back