Leaving Cert '06 (4 Viewers)

Gambra said:
Ah sure I know, I guess i'm just freaked at failing maths (honours though) and the fact that the pre's start on Jan 23rd
hey, i got 27% in my honours maths pres, didn't do any work till easter, and managed a C2 in the actual exam. i did very little work for anything in my leaving cert till the easter before exams and now i have a degree and am doing a masters. moral of story: never underestimate the power of a few well-placed months of cramming.

I just finished my pre's last friday and i think (hope) they went really well actually.. Apart from maths & physics (which I passed in both, i think) i got about a B average. Eh, i'm just glad they're over

Fair play dude. Once your 5 minutes sittin down at the 1st L cert exam it all just flow out of you until its over. You'll sorta run on autopilot if you know what I mean, as long as you do a bit of work in the meantime you'll be grand

leaving cert is a laugh boy....once you don't hype yourself up to the point of having a breakdown you'll be flying it. Just focus on your best subjects, and make sure you do well in those, thats what I did, and i made it far.

For reals. i got 16 points in my pre's, but with a bit of week before study, managed to get into college. Though it was in tralee.

*stops to think* do a bit of study all the same.

I think I failed 2 in my pre's, didn't do a tap of study before the real thing but I've 5 honours and 2 pass to my name. The leaving cert is a load of balls. I miss my school days though

hey look, don't worry about it chuck you'll be fine

You handed up a blank page? Why?

I got 4 As in my Leaving, and it didn't make any difference to my fundamental level of happiness, but it did mean I could go to college, and that was amazing

FWIW two of the As I got were Cs in my pres (or mocks, as we used to say), and I hated school

I am currently in first year of A-Levels (northern LC). I decided to stop stressing about exams and stuff and just work for them kinda gradually cause when I was doing my GCSEs I got totally fucking stressed for months. Though it helps that for the next year and a half until I finish school I only have to do exams in one subject and I only do two subjects. Awh yeh!!

the leaving cert is bollix. i did well for some reason, though i didnt study - properly, anyway.
I'd be happier with a continuous assessment deal for when i have kids. LC puts too much pressure on students

La La said:
the leaving cert is bollix. i did well for some reason, though i didnt study - properly, anyway.
I'd be happier with a continuous assessment deal for when i have kids. LC puts too much pressure on students

Yeh continious assesment really works out way better. Like I do ICT in school(counts as two of my three subjects) and I constantly am doing portfolios and I find I do so much better in it than being given written exams. Though some subjects might not be suited to continual assesment.

From what I can gather the LC seems to be a bit shit like. Is it six subjects at a really high level? The Irish Goverment would need to put something new into place.

the reason the LC sucks is that if some poor sod has a bad say, he's fucked. end of story.

continuous assesment is the way forward i reckon. and you'd be able to see people's consistency (or lack thereof) better i think

I dunno, maybe people should be prepard for the pressures of "real life". Once you get to college I think the pressure increases considerably

ah college..... i wasn't pressured in college. but then i got called up in front of the Head 3 times and nearly got kicked out. obviously i failed my exams....i went to the pub for one of them...learn by my mistakes kiddies

I would say theres a considerable difference between exam pressure and real life pressure. The thing with exams is that you just have this period of a couple of months were you are just totally killed with pressure. Its not like that in work cause your consistently working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back