Leaving Cert '06 (2 Viewers)

Ciaran Mackle said:
I would say theres a considerable difference between exam pressure and real life pressure. The thing with exams is that you just have this period of a couple of months were you are just totally killed with pressure. Its not like that in work cause your consistently working.
deep, man.

what about "dole pressure"?
i used to miss me signing on day all the time due to the pressure of being lazy beyond words. one day a week was all they asked for. imagine that, nearly getting sacked from the scratch...

ICUH8N said:
You have a rather romantic view of life in the workplace.

OK I may have simplified it a bit but like its not as though the workplace and school really are the same in the pressure thats put on you. Though saying that the only jobs I have had are stress free to the point of tedious boredom.

oh shit said:
the way i see it, if you don't get straight A's in everything and a great first-class degree at the end of it all, you've wasted your whole life.

cough *nerd* cough

La La said:
the leaving cert is bollix. i did well for some reason, though i didnt study - properly, anyway.
I'd be happier with a continuous assessment deal for when i have kids. LC puts too much pressure on students

I just got 75% in two of my continuous assessments. Those are 1.1's people!! However they both count for 15% of two subjects, and so, are pretty much complete shite. I would be lucky to get a pass degree at the end of it, even though a pass degree is worthless.

Continuous assessment all the way.

Ciaran Mackle said:
OK I may have simplified it a bit but like its not as though the workplace and school really are the same in the pressure thats put on you.
Far away fields are greener dude. Work stress can be just as bad (I work for myself), and at least exams will at some stage be over, you gotta wait a long time to retire

Do you every find that you use the computer so much nowadays that when it comes to writing....it's hard

bring on the dumb jokes, I'm serious though. I find myself wanting to tap my fingers on a piece of paper when doing out a grocery list

ms.b.haven said:
Do you every find that you use the computer so much nowadays that when it comes to writing....it's hard

bring on the dumb jokes, I'm serious though. I find myself wanting to tap my fingers on a piece of paper when doing out a grocery list
I have to agree. Tried to keep a diary last year but it went largely ignored as (a) writing is slow as all hell and (b) it was giving me hand cramps *cough*

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lefty Frizzell again."

shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back