le cake (1 Viewer)

eclectichoney

Since 2000
Website
www.econgirl.net
What's all this about a *free* jimmy cake gig in TCD for rag week? It can't be true....good bands never play in the Buttery (and there's probably a reason for that...) except the warlords...who i missed due to misinformation :(

Originally posted by eclectichoney
good bands never play in the Buttery (and there's probably a reason for that...)

Except for mc supernatural doing a free show a couple of months back, and you gits got the antibalas afrobeat orchestra a couple of years back. AND you got sharon jones and the dap kings at your ball last year, so shush

What's all this about a *free* jimmy cake gig in TCD for rag week? It can't be true....good bands never play in the Buttery (and there's probably a reason for that...) except the warlords...who i missed due to misinformation :(

Suprisingly, it's actually true.

excerpt of an e-mail from the higher powers

Thursday 27th of February RAG WEEK

The Jimmy Cake Play Free Gig in the Buttery For RAG WEEK

Re: Re: le cake

Originally posted by Ed
Except for mc supernatural doing a free show a couple of months back, and you gits got the antibalas afrobeat orchestra a couple of years back. AND you got sharon jones and the dap kings at your ball last year, so shush

ok ok i surrender ;) im just so used to my friends in dcu saying they practically have every band playing there every night! they seem to have much better ents stuff then us. and ucd too.

TCD ents officers seem to live their lives up their own arses.

Possibly, they end up organising the Trinity Ball through-out the entire year and everyone knows how bad they have been in the last few years.

pricks.

Yeah... they're not getting paid, but they are going to be given degrees in whatever they want. If there's one thing Trinity has lots of, it's degrees.... and this is a great opportunity for them to offload a great big heap of them.

And another thing Trinity has lots of is cobblestones... and injuries involving these cobblestones, and posh vodka, and toffs, and high-heels and a brief but "cultured" groping.

no-so-interesting-fact - those cobblestones were only laid in the 70's. (yes the 1970's).

Re: Re: Re: le cake

ok ok i surrender ;) im just so used to my friends in dcu saying they practically have every band playing there every night! they seem to have much better ents stuff then us. and ucd too.

Unfortunately i think tcd probably suffers from the same problem that ucd suffers from, Ents officers who are glorified pr people who win the elections because they've got a nice smile but unfortunately don't have a clue about music in general beyond the 20 cd's the have on their coffee table, running gigs, promoting gigs etc. Sadly this week we get all the muppet hacks lecture adressing us. Vote for me! Vote for me! - Fuck off you prunefaced shitbag nazi bag of rat piss
Yes i am bitter:D

I remember seeing Penthouse in the Buttery. Deadly. Of course there was only about 5 people there. The stage was made up of canteen tables and they started moving out from under the drummer...

Originally posted by Unclealo
I remember seeing Penthouse in the Buttery. Deadly. Of course there was only about 5 people there. The stage was made up of canteen tables and they started moving out from under the drummer...

hah! i saw them in ucd! and kenickie! and tiger! and urusei yatsura! ah, mem-o-reez.

I saw some incredible gigs in The Buttery - Ride, Palace Brothers, The Idiots. That was about... oh, 109 years ago. It was always cavernous and sweaty and the floor was slippery with beer and puke. People were continually climbing in the side windows, the stage was dangerously unstable.

Plus, they had a barman who looked like Sam Beckett and a bouncer who wrote books on sign language.

What venue in Dublin now can boast a barman who looks like Sam Beckett and a bouncer who writes books on sign language?

Originally posted by Unclealo

I went to see Galon Drunk in the buttery about a long time ago and I wasn't let in because I was a Bolton st. student at the time. (You needed a student card to get in).

all students is pricks. yiz don't deserve good bands, yiz deserve the frames and the mad bleedin revels or whatever... pricks.

And by Jeebus that's what we got, most of the time - the horrific fall-out from Dublin's "rock'n'roll city of the world" era. Thank fuck it's over.

When I first saw The Idiots I couldn't believe they were from the same country as me - that's how accustomed I'd grown to the stultifying, cowboy-hat-wearing, Anything Goes-lovin' poxyness of local acts.

Originally posted by hapi
... yiz deserve the frames and the mad bleedin revels or whatever... pricks.

Originally posted by flo jo
I went to see Galon Drunk in the buttery about a long time ago and I wasn't let in because I was a Bolton st. student at the time. (You needed a student card to get in).
i was at that. and i never went to trinity. i never went to school.

student cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back