Land of the Dead (1 Viewer)

Good news everyone!

"Sources have told the Horror Channel that Dennis Hopper has landed a starring role in George A. Romero's Land Of The Dead, the upcoming and long-awaited fourth film in the director's classic horror series.

The film, reportedly budgeted at $16 million, is tentatively scheduled to begin shooting this fall. Hopper's casting represents the first "name" actor to be cast in one of Romero's Dead films, which have previously featured relative unknowns. More casting announcements are expected to come in the weeks ahead. Keep checking back with the Horror Channel for more Dead updates, including news from Land Of The Dead effects man Greg Nicotero!"

sweet!!!!!

George has been busy, he's also involved with a superduper new game called City of the dead. They haven't even started, but the concept art looks promising. It'll probably be released alongside the film! (Which i HOPE doesn't suck)

anyone see switchblade romance??

if so, what's it like?

i was going to go this evening, but couldn't get anyone to go. wonder why...

he said he's sticking with slow zombies. but, and this is a big BUT, some of them can talk, and will hold conversations apparently.

either way, i cant fuckin wait.

TALKING ZOMBIES!?! Noooooooooo!!!!!!! When I think talking zombies, I think Return of the living dead and Zombies saying Brains!Brains! I want to eat you Brains!!!! It'll take alot of other cool stuff to balance this equation!

Maxx Stone said:
Return of the living dead
hey, don't knock the return of the living dead. it's really funny. great lines in it: "what do you think this is, a costume?? this is a way of life!".

nlgbbbblth said:
got the Trilogy DVD set recently - good transfer for Night; shame about the version etc - although it's not as bad as made out to be., would have been nice to have original version optional too
Dawn./Day. look well though Arrow are putting 'em out again in Nov

what do you mean by "the version"? did they change it for the box set?

Alan Remorse said:
what do you mean by "the version"? did they change it for the box set?
box set has the dire 30th anniversary version doesnt it?? that's jaw droppingly bad shit

they filmed extra scenes with the original cast members 30 years on. stupid stupid john russo

Maxx Stone said:
Can you get the non-digitally remastered Night of the Living Dead on DVD? I've got the Remastered one, the "new" sound effects are terrible!

The only good version I have is my trusty old VHS copy that was colourised, just turn the colour down to black and white and yer laughin' (although "fire" looks strange)
Any copy on DVD that I have seen has been altered in some way, usually the sound and usually for the worse...

I don't know what peoples obsessions are with always changing the classics once they arrive on dvd. It would be nice to have the originals of dawn and especially night....

i have the director's cut on DVD of dawn of the dead, surely this could be considered the original version?

Maxx Stone said:
Can you get the non-digitally remastered Night of the Living Dead on DVD? I've got the Remastered one, the "new" sound effects are terrible!
Best version I have is the one I taped from BBC2's Forbidden Weekend in May 1995. Some great shit on that weekend which I still have on tape; cool docs like "Children Of The Video" and a 2 hour one about Censorship. Plus uncut The Devils and Performance and loads of mad celebrity spots when they spoke of their first "forbidden" film etc

Taped off telly VHS rocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back