ladies, does this shit really happen often?? (2 Viewers)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
and by often, i mean more than once ever. i got this from a friend who got it in circular in her office... is it not a bit crazy or summat?? i cant make the font go back to normal.

"Hello Ladies!
Now, before you get all up-in-arms, take note that I've included every female in the Admissions Department to avoid: a) people feeling left out and b) poisonous glances shot at me from people that didn't feel that they qualified for the "weight-loss" email.
That being said, here's my idea:
This Monday, August 13th, 2007 will kick of the start of a three month period in which people will enter a weight-loss contest. The ending date will be November 5 th. The contest will be based on percentage of body fat lost so anyone can play! So if someone weighs 150lbs. and loses 15 lbs, that would mean that she lost 10% of her body weight. If someone weighs 180lbs, they would have to lose 18lbs to lose the same 10% of body fat.
Don't worry, we'll confidentially record everyone's beginning weight and measurements and track on a white board the # of lbs. lost each week. The camaraderie will be great motivation to help reach your goal weight and make it part of your lifestyle! Besides looking fantastic, let's talk about the extravagant reward….
To enter, you will need something that you all ask for on a daily basis… $50 application fee. C'mon, don't act like you haven't spent that in one evening at the bar. ALL of this money will go to the winners of the contest. Depending on how many people participate, we can have runners up, as well, your choice. Just think guys, if 10 people enter, that could mean $500 dollars! The money will be applied to a Visa Gift Card(s) to spend on new clothes, a weekend trip, 250 double-bacon cheese burgers, whatever you choose!
There are the ground-rules:
1) No weight-loss enhancing pills or crazy-fad diets. Weight loss should be from healthy-eating and exercise only.
2) The money is due up front. Yeah, you're not dropping out without some form of consequence. If you don't have it right now, you can write a check and it will not be cashed until the end of the three-month term.
3) No sabotaging. ie: injecting your coworker's lunch with saturated fats when they're not looking…
4) You must initially weigh-in.
Yah! What a great opportunity to help each other get motivated to lose those lbs you've gained since the wedding… I mean, what a great opportunity!

Be forewarned, I think we've got an extremely competitive bunch on our hands....."

Right lads, who's in?

P101.jpg

Wow. That sounds totally healthy! Wowee! I hope they all get sick buckets to keep under their desks embossed with the company's logo. That'd be neat. And then, when about 25% of them end up relapsing into whatever eating disorder they had as a teenager, their hospital feeding tubes can be in the company colours and they can compete to see who grows the most creepy, anorexic body hair.

A weight loss contest has to be about the stupidest idea ever. Cue a bunch of (probably healthy weight) women rapidly spiraling down the road to anorexia.

If I got a mail like that I would laugh before deleting it and blocking the person who sent it.

"Hello Ladies!
Now, before you get all up-in-arms, take note that I've included every female in the Admissions Department to avoid: a) people feeling left out and b) poisonous glances shot at me from people that didn't feel that they qualified for the "weight-loss" email.

IS147-056.jpg

A common occurrence among the extremely skinny anorexic folk is that you sprout more body hair than is normal. I think it's due in part to your body trying to keep itself warm, but I also think it's down to the depletion of female hormones. We all have hairy bodies, it's just that anorexics get a bit more furry than they were meant to be.

On the other hand, I'd LOVE to have a camera on that office because, cue all sorts of barbed generosity with people bringing in lots of fancy cakes and stuff. It'd be deadly because the people who avoided getting involved in such a stupid game would be rewarded with delicious cake.

So if someone weighs 150lbs. and loses 15 lbs, that would mean that she lost 10% of her body weight. If someone weighs 180lbs, they would have to lose 18lbs to lose the same 10% of body fat.

That's a blunder anyways...The first person is losing 10% of body weight, while the second is losing 10% of body fat

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back