LA Noire (1 Viewer)

really loving this, the atmospherics are amazing. cheating quite a lot too, turning off console and starting investigations so as not to lose vital intuition points

i haven't played it since the weekend i got it

not enough hours in the day these days

i haven't played it since the weekend i got it

not enough hours in the day these days
ain't that the flaming truth. i suppose it can wait til i finish all the other games i'm halfway through.

i got this...it's class... but, is there any way you can change the outcome of a case? i'm going to have to change it again, but it seems as if there's one or other suspect who's gonna get it, even if you (yourself, not the character) know neither of them did it? plus, you can't fail. someone always gets done.

still class though.

i definitely locked up the wrong person for one of the cases.
get the feeling that the better you do at a case, and the quicker you solve it, you miss out on loads

is there a sanbox element to this game at all, or is it completely linear?
i mean, i haven't killed one whore yet. what's that about?

You'll often lock up the wrong guy, it's part of the game and it'll become clearer as things go on.

I heard in one review that finding clues involves walking around the crime scene until your controller vibrates. Is that actually fun? Seems a bit retarded if potential clues pop up and say "hi"! I mean obviously it still leaves scope for red herrings and such, but all the same...

I heard in one review that finding clues involves walking around the crime scene until your controller vibrates. Is that actually fun? Seems a bit retarded if potential clues pop up and say "hi"! I mean obviously it still leaves scope for red herrings and such, but all the same...

It's like old point and click games in that way, strangely atavistic... It's a weird game, totally linear, maybe I should go into spoiler mode...
it doesn't seem to matter if you get loads of stuff wrong, the game just pushes you through.. I don't think the "lie, truth, doubt" system works too well, I would have preferred if it had been a bit more subtle, maybe multiple interrogation strings where you have to try to corner someone into telling the truth or breaking their story.. there should have been more incentive to explore the map, on the last Homicide case I had no idea where the clues were pointing me towards as I hadn't been to most of the locations, nor did I know that they existed... seemed like a weird oversight... very disappointing that the character changes towards the end, it's like they ran out of story and had to tack the other guy on... Cole is pretty interesting, a stuck up dick with no empathy but with a sense of moral outrage, even though he believes himself to have totally failed... well, I was expecting a lot more from this, that's why I'm so critical.. I doubt I'll be getting any DLC

It's like old point and click games in that way, strangely atavistic... It's a weird game, totally linear, maybe I should go into spoiler mode...
it doesn't seem to matter if you get loads of stuff wrong, the game just pushes you through.. I don't think the "lie, truth, doubt" system works too well, I would have preferred if it had been a bit more subtle, maybe multiple interrogation strings where you have to try to corner someone into telling the truth or breaking their story.. there should have been more incentive to explore the map, on the last Homicide case I had no idea where the clues were pointing me towards as I hadn't been to most of the locations, nor did I know that they existed... seemed like a weird oversight... very disappointing that the character changes towards the end, it's like they ran out of story and had to tack the other guy on... Cole is pretty interesting, a stuck up dick with no empathy but with a sense of moral outrage, even though he believes himself to have totally failed... well, I was expecting a lot more from this, that's why I'm so critical.. I doubt I'll be getting any DLC

Don't read any of that there if you're enjoying it and/or haven't finished it. It's highly critical for no good reason at all really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back