KKKramer (1 Viewer)

Bill Hicks taking on a heckler:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you do you know that kramer is a fictional character on a tv show and michael richards was just the actor playing him, right? and that it's not really like superman / clarke kent

yeah thats why i called him a legendary character ACTOR, i stand by it. Kramer, problem child, airheads.Legend

albeit rascist legend

you also said:

Richards really let himself down here and I'm a HUGE Kramer fan so i don't think i'm being dramatic.

which is just bizarre

i guess you can take this off your bedroom wall now:

U117~Kramer-Posters.jpg

Although what he did in itself was offensive and certainly not funny i'm admittedly enjoying reading all the reaction and coverage of it.

Who really genuinely cares though, i mean arent loads of people racist?

He just lost the head and let it all out in the same way Mel Gibbons did.

Having watched it a few times, I think it's a case of him completely losting control of the situation. I think the first couple of "rascist" comments he made were part of his "act". Pretty extreme, but intended as funny. If he'd followed up the nigger comments quickly with some self-depreciating comment, he might have saved the situation. Instead he just started shouting "mutherfucka", quite a bit. Which wasn't good enough.

Having watched it a few times, I think it's a case of him completely losting control of the situation. I think the first couple of "rascist" comments he made were part of his "act". Pretty extreme, but intended as funny. If he'd followed up the nigger comments quickly with some self-depreciating comment, he might have saved the situation. Instead he just started shouting "mutherfucka", quite a bit. Which wasn't good enough.

Thats the way I read it too. He said the bit about the fork ad then the next bit the "Hes a nigger" bit are in character.

He realises at that stage what he has said and how it has'nt gone down well and he either can't figure a way out of it or just refuses to back down to a heckler.

i saw his video link apology on letterman last night and as much as i'd like to believe it, it seems more like his old pal Jerry rail-roaded him into doing it for the sake of his career. Why Jerry feels responsible for digging him out I dunno, maybe 'cos he's even steven?

Sooooo cynical. You don't think Seinfeld was doing it to show support for his friend? No? Also, for the sake of whose career? Seinfeld? He still makes $50-odd million a year from Seinfeld (even before the DVD's).

this is one of those videos i just can't bring myself to watch. i don't know why.

on a related note, my old man used to work with a black dude on the railway and they were best of friends. he and his wife and kids always used to come over (they lived miles and miles away, but such is life on a railroad gang), and we used to go visit them. i remember several occasions showing up to huge barbeque parties where we'd be the only white folks amongst dozens of black folk. to make a long story short, my dad was the only white guy i've ever known who had a license to use the n-word when talking to Ken (just remembered his name...surprising as it's been 25 years or more) and his pals. consequently, the word has never really had that venomous of a meaning to me, even though i acknowledge that when used incorrectly and without "permission" (for lack of a better word) it's quite a slur.

will someone tell me where i was going with this...?

edit - oh yeah. ....FUCK...forgot it again.

Sooooo cynical. You don't think Seinfeld was doing it to show support for his friend? No? Also, for the sake of whose career? Seinfeld? He still makes $50-odd million a year from Seinfeld (even before the DVD's).
nah nah you've picked me up wrong Wilbert. i think thats exactly what Seinfeld was doing, supporting his friend to help save Richards career.
He's done nothing of note lately, even if he is making money from DVD sales (again Richards not Seinfeld, everyone knows he's a multi millionaire)

having watched the apology again ok he does seem pretty beat by it, but he should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back