King of Limbs (2 Viewers)

Second Listen Review:

Hmmm

A lot more going on than I noticed in my first listen. Lots of nice little things going on in the background! Bloom, Morning Mr Magpie, and Lotus Flower definitely sounded a bit more interesting to me. Little By Little and Feral are shite though and it's unfortunate that they're placed right beside each other as it totally ruins the flow of the album imho. I think it'll turn out to be better than In Rainbows for me, but it's still lacking the tunes:experimental ratio that made Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief so great. I kind of feel Thom Yorke's gotten a little stagnent in terms of vocal melodies. I'll see how this grows for me anyway.

First Listen Review:

Meh.

Bit of a continuation of In Rainbows. I.e. Skittery beats, mumbled vocals, jazzy guitars, synth/guitar textures, no songs.
Only really gets good in the last 3 tracks. There's some nice moments scattered throughout the album but as soon as you think a song is gonna go somewhere, it doesn't. Nice bass sounds as always though! Will probably be better hearing these songs live anyway.

Huh ? In rainbow had plenty of songs.

Listened to it on the way to work and thought it was grand I'll either grow into it like I did with In rainbows or just forget it entirely like most of Hail to the thief. There's a few clangers on it Feral for example did nothing for me. Second listen will be tomorrow hung over so maybe that's the time for it.

It's a bit slight.. Lotus Flower, Bloom and Codex are very nice tunes but it's missing a couple of heavy hitters to give it some more substance. I'm surprised that they went back to the glitchy electronica sound, was expecting something more organic and band-orientated.

first four aren't really getting me
but the second four are amazing!
this is the best tune on it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got my old speakers back off a guy this week, all of a sudden the first few are my favourites.

The reactions on the web are sort of making e think that once a band starts challenging downloading in anyway, the also end up being the band that make load/reload and st. anger.

the cover art for this looks much darker than the actual songs it contains,I wasn't expecting an album so peaceful when I seen that...

I woke at 7am on Saturday and flicked the remote for the radio to stir myself.
It was on Radio 1 and this awesome sound filled the darkened room.
When the vocals kicked in I realised it was Little By Little from KoL.

A long way to say I'm gonna give the record another go.
Maybe in the dark, with a decent set of headphones.

it said

FREE NEWSPAPER 'THE UNIVERSAL SIGH' COMING SOON TO A NEWSSTAND NEAR YOU

The Radiohead album ‘The King of Limbs’ will be available for purchase in all good record stores everywhere on Monday 28th March, except in the United States of America and in Canada, where for reasons beyond the purview of this writer it will be available from Tuesday 29th March. On VINYL! On COMPACT DISC! As a DOWNLOAD!
To commemorate this momentous occasion, Radiohead have produced a newspaper which will be given away, free, gratis, without cost to the consumer by accredited vendors from a multitude of locations WORLDWIDE! In the USA, in the Netherlands, in Belgium, Poland, Germany, Austria, in the Czech Republic, in Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Ireland, France, Italy, Slovakia, Finland, Greece, Norway, Lithuania, Estonia, Russia, Australia, Latvia, Iceland, Romania, New Zealand, the UK and a load of other places around the globe, our dedicated teams of newspaper delivery people will be handing out copies of THE UNIVERSAL SIGH to anyone who wants one, until we run out!
In conjunction with this unbelievable offer, Radiohead have established THE UNIVERSAL SIGH as a website on the internet, where details of your nearest vendor can be found, as well as more informations and a photogallery where we will be posting photos and the lucky owners of the gratis tabloid are invited to post pictures of themselves and their friends reading the newspaper in locations diverse and unusual. There will be other stuff too, but we haven’t thought of it yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back