King of Limbs (1 Viewer)

Anyone get the newspaper? I went down to Tower Records around 10 past 12 and there was like, 200+ people cueing to get it! An old guy asked me what was going on, so I told him. He was shocked. I didn't bother cueing, and went into the shop for a while and looked around. I came out like... at 1 or so, and everyone had gone. I asked the guy who was giving them out if he had any left and he gave me one. I felt so cool, not having to cue up.

Some cool articles in the paper, all of them being about forests/trees. Nice thing to have. The story about the depressed guy going to the Amazon is class.

I picked up a copy this evening after work. Was expecting something slightly more substantial, but yeah, the trees theme is very cool. It was slightly strange reading it on the bus, on this beautiful bright evening. The new album is really growing on me too. It's exceptionally sad.

Anyone get the newspaper? I went down to Tower Records around 10 past 12 and there was like, 200+ people cueing to get it! An old guy asked me what was going on, so I told him. He was shocked. I didn't bother cueing, and went into the shop for a while and looked around. I came out like... at 1 or so, and everyone had gone. I asked the guy who was giving them out if he had any left and he gave me one. I felt so cool, not having to cue up.

Some cool articles in the paper, all of them being about forests/trees. Nice thing to have. The story about the depressed guy going to the Amazon is class.

special edition arrived today. it's totally shite! the 600 pieces of art is *one* sheet of mini stamps, all variants on one tiny image. and it came in a shitey plastic bag too. what a rip

Got mine yesterday too. Album is really growing on me too. The paper is interesting but yeah the whole thing is probably not worth the fuss/bumper price.

Tried listening to it again the other day. made it until about half way through the 4th track before I turned it off out of boredom. So glad i didn't splash out on the fancy version!

Well I felt I ought to pay for this one having got so much enjoyment out of In Rainbows and not paid for that. Hadn't paid for that having gotten zero enjoyment out of Hail to the Thief. So it goes. I really should retrospectively buy stuff I like like other folk but find it hard not to just spend my money on something new altogether there being so much untapped gold out there.

I woke at 7am on Saturday and flicked the remote for the radio to stir myself.
It was on Radio 1 and this awesome sound filled the darkened room.
When the vocals kicked in I realised it was Little By Little from KoL.

A long way to say I'm gonna give the record another go.
Maybe in the dark, with a decent set of headphones.

Not to repeat myself but the same dude - Radio 1 7am Saturday - played another track yesterday and it sounded great.

I believe this to be Donal Broughan.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back