Kiddies being bullied (1 Viewer)

seanc said:
if you go to a boxing club or whatever, they're all pretty mad on the testosterone, y'know aggressive and that
I used to go to a boxing gym when I lived in Coventry, got on pretty well with everyone except for the main instructor, who used me as a punchbag for proper boxers - I'd be staggering round the ring trying vainly to fend off blows while listening to him shouting encouragement to the other guy.

egg_ said:
I think learning boxing or judo (or both) in school would be a deadly idea - if you're a quiet kid the one of the main things that stops you fighting back is fear of the unknown, if learning to box meant kids realised that losing a fight isn't really that big a deal (at least until you get older and your opponents get strong) then they'd be a lot harder to bully

or tae kwon-do.

The Judo lads train before us on tues, and after us on thurs. It's a little gay tbh.
Boxing is the most effective all in all.

egg_ said:
I used to go to a boxing gym when I lived in Coventry, got on pretty well with everyone except for the main instructor, who used me as a punchbag for proper boxers - I'd be staggering round the ring trying vainly to fend off blows while listening to him shouting encouragement to the other guy.

I'm sure he was trying to toughen you up. The hardcore mentality of those kinda clubs can be a bit much for most kids i reckon

stick a match between these and cut his face. or ass.

blades.jpg

Ciaran Mackle said:
Its kinda heartbreakig cause he is the nicest, happiest person ever and you can just see his spirit getting crushed all the time.

I hear ya. that kinda stuff is heartbreaking, you worry about siblings being OK out in the world, knowing what cunts there are out there.

My older bro was reqally badly bullied in school and it really affected his confidence to the point he couldn't really communicate properly and was really self concious. one time my ma found him out in her front garden at 3 in the moring crying in the pissing rain. when she told me i was really upset even though he was a bit pissed, and felt really helpless and depressed at the thought that he was so lonely.

He's married now and living in england, in great form, it all worked itself out. same as your bro mackle, hes a real sensitve caring guy who would walk through fire for anyone he cares about. I love that big lug, i think i'll ring him now...

i actually love ringing him, shouting dog abuse down the phone and hanging up - its a thing we have.

c0De_n1NjA said:
i actually love ringing him, shouting dog abuse down the phone and hanging up - its a thing we have.

His wife probably finds him crying in the garden at 3am after every call. Good work.

I was bullied in Primary School (Thomas Smith used to break my goggles all the time) and another fucker gave me awful grief in the hood (dirty cunt's on the herion now, on the run in England after stabbing someone...hope he gets a bad dose of skag soon and chokes on his vomit)

I tried making funny to compensate, thats why I'm so funny now. Yeah. Fucking comedian.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be crying in the garden at 3am.

c0De_n1NjA said:
I hear ya. that kinda stuff is heartbreaking, you worry about siblings being OK out in the world, knowing what cunts there are out there.

My older bro was reqally badly bullied in school and it really affected his confidence to the point he couldn't really communicate properly and was really self concious. one time my ma found him out in her front garden at 3 in the moring crying in the pissing rain. when she told me i was really upset even though he was a bit pissed, and felt really helpless and depressed at the thought that he was so lonely.

He's married now and living in england, in great form, it all worked itself out. same as your bro mackle, hes a real sensitve caring guy who would walk through fire for anyone he cares about. I love that big lug, i think i'll ring him now...

Holy shit. Code Ninja being sincere. I think Ciaran Mackle must bring out the daddy in him. How sweet.

Just goin' back to the training issue there, it's a fucking excellent idea...if he gets nothing out of it at least it's catharsis. The worst thing is to bottle it up as the most violent people i've met as an adult all experienced bullying;repressed anger,misplaced aggression, a hell of a lot to prove etc.Wow i just realised i've found a thread on Thumped i ain't gonna take the piss out of,yes!

I fucking hate bullies.. I always thought this kind of thing ended with school ending.. but it's just carried on in another form at work/home whatever.

I surf a bit, and remember seeing a vid where some guy gets bashed silly just for not being a local surfer. Made me feel sick.

Actually - I've just found a link to the short version of the vid:

http://satanjr.com/1004/surf_crap.wmv

I wouldn't watch that if you're easily offended by violent arseholes.. I actually haven't watched this edited version cos if it's anything like the full vid it'll just make me feel sick again. After seeing it and being horrified originally. the thing that REALLY made me mad was all the fuckwits on the surf sites goin 'oh he totally deserved it.. he's not local.. yo man MAD BEATDOWN' and primary school stuff like that.

People really don't learn.

Hope your brother's okay Ciaran.

broken arm said:
right then. what is the local and regional newspaper? who is the local politician?

I dont think going to the newspaper is a good idea. One a larger scale it might because it'll help stop the problem but I dont think it would be good to turn him into a sorta spectacle for this and having everyone know his business. My Ma and him had a meeting with another school today as I mentioned before and he was accepted in. I used to go to that school and they have a great anti bully policy so hopefully he is ok there.

Somebody suggested self defence classes. Thanks for the idea. Gonna suggest that to him.

And Jesus a serious code ninja post. I am actually in amazment :). But its nice to hear that other people actually get through these type of things cause he really is the most harmless person ever and does not deserve any of this at all.

Ciaran Mackle said:
I dont think going to the newspaper is a good idea. One a larger scale it might because it'll help stop the problem but I dont think it would be good to turn him into a sorta spectacle for this and having everyone know his business. My Ma and him had a meeting with another school today as I mentioned before and he was accepted in. I used to go to that school and they have a great anti bully policy so hopefully he is ok there.

Somebody suggested self defence classes. Thanks for the idea. Gonna suggest that to him.

And Jesus a serious code ninja post. I am actually in amazment :). But its nice to hear that other people actually get through these type of things cause he really is the most harmless person ever and does not deserve any of this at all.

I really feel sorry for your brother. Evil bastards bullies. Schools can be ridiculously reluctant to deal with cases of bullying that happen off the school grounds. They should be obliged to deal with it, but there are so many pressures on principals that its not always possible..
Hopefully he will get on much better in his new school.I do think sometimes taking the bullied person out of the situation is the only option, but he should maybe look at ways to not let it happen in the new school , although I know thats not as easy as it sounds. Is he being given any specific help for his dyspraxia ? He should be entitled to some resources...

Fighting worked for me in one case. Some stupid bint used to constantly undermine and piss me off in first year. By having just one violent 40 second episode with her:

1. the bullying stopped
2. she told on me and i got in loads of trouble
3. we both got over it
4. we're sound to each other now.

Mackle- my main problem was that I was too sensitive and really shy, I still am. What bullies want to see is their handiwork get to you, to make you really upset. (lala's thread about her boss is a great example of this). Does your brother react in front of the bullies? I found that even pretending I couldn't see or hear these people made them go nuts. they weren't getting to me! they became frustrated and stopped altogether. I'm not sure if you can get any advice out of that, I think i'm just nattering now.

aikido... now there's a martial arts i'd like to do.
aikido-2.jpg

trianglegrrrl said:
aikido... now there's a martial arts i'd like to do.
aikido-2.jpg
Just like stephen seagull.

That might be a good one cuz its less about bein mad hard and angry, and more using people's own body weight against them and that, which is good if your a little guy or gal getting picked on by bigger guys, or gals.

trianglegrrrl said:
Mackle- my main problem was that I was too sensitive and really shy, I still am. What bullies want to see is their handiwork get to you, to make you really upset. (lala's thread about her boss is a great example of this). Does your brother react in front of the bullies? I found that even pretending I couldn't see or hear these people made them go nuts. they weren't getting to me! they became frustrated and stopped altogether. I'm not sure if you can get any advice out of that, I think i'm just nattering now.

Yeh I reckon he shows a good bit of emotion in front. Thats actually part of his condition he cant fight that sort of emotion. He just becomes really upset easily. And cause he's so soft really when he does try to stand up for himself he just comes across worse making the problem even worse. Ah its fucked up. But I'm gonna suggest the self defence thing to see if it can help him. Forgot to mention another lad in his class had to leave the school cause he was literally being beaten to bits everyday by ones the same age as me. Fuck sake

coraline said:
I really feel sorry for your brother. Evil bastards bullies. Schools can be ridiculously reluctant to deal with cases of bullying that happen off the school grounds. They should be obliged to deal with it, but there are so many pressures on principals that its not always possible..
Hopefully he will get on much better in his new school.I do think sometimes taking the bullied person out of the situation is the only option, but he should maybe look at ways to not let it happen in the new school , although I know thats not as easy as it sounds. Is he being given any specific help for his dyspraxia ? He should be entitled to some resources...

He goes to occupational therapy and physio for his dyspraxia. Thats more to deal with the physical it effects it has on him. He has a lot of trouble with the way he walks like keeping one foot constantly sorta at an angle and he has really bad co-ordination in things like tying his shoes. So he gets help with that. I'm really not sure if their is much help for the mental side of it though. The principal of his new school said that if he brings in information from his physio to school that he can have that included in his PE lessons so that he'll get even more help. I'm just really happy he's moving. I was talking to him there before he went to bed and he just seemed like a changed person for the fact that he was getting away from there.

i had a bully when i was about 12, kid about 3 years ahead of me, dumb as a stump. 1st time he ever rocked on to me was in my parent's own driveway. the old man came out and put a stop to it by hoisting the prick off his bike and telling him to leave me alone - i'm standing behind dad saying to myself "fucks sake, now i'm in for it..." - sure enough, the prick started catching me out, giving me grief at every opportunity. this went on for a summer or so, until i had had enough and knocked him flying off his bike as he pedalled past me one day taunting me as usual...never saw him again.

bullies are pussies. as long as you stand up for yourself they'll back down, at that age anyhow.

egg_ said:
I think learning boxing or judo (or both) in school would be a deadly idea - if you're a quiet kid the one of the main things that stops you fighting back is fear of the unknown, if learning to box meant kids realised that losing a fight isn't really that big a deal (at least until you get older and your opponents get strong) then they'd be a lot harder to bully

i reckon that could be dangerous in the absence of other clear policies to tackle the problem. i mean there's some people who definitely don't need a new forum or skills to be violent. the competition atmosphere might just provide a new place to be bullied and get a confidence bashing, only institutionalise it.

also while sticking up for him/herself through violence may be empowering and effective for an individual bullied kid, i doubt very much that it's a general answer. like if all the kids in a school are skilled in fighting/self-defence to a certain level, then does this not just leave you in the same position of kids who have fucked up power issues and those who get singled out and bear the brunt of it?

oh, i dunno. i think your right about fear of the unknown in regards to fighting though. so what do anti-bullying policies in schools actually consist of does anyone know?

we had a presentation a couple a months ago about "dignity in the workplace" - basically it's about bullying at work. if anyone says anything or does anything to make you fell uncomfortable at work you have grounds to get them sacked (i'm over simplifying this a bit).
anyway, there should be something similar in schools. i reckon the mentality is that bullying is part of growing up, but you have to draw the linesomewhere.

ciaran, i hope we've all learnt something from Metallica - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

i'm afraid that it is the only way.

I had the pleasure of going to a Protestant national school and a Catholic secondary school and got shit all the time in the first 4 years of secondary school when I was neither. I refused to fight any of them which probably didn't help.

It mostly stopped when I realised I was bigger and stronger than most of them and decided to stand up for myself a bit more. Still refused to fight anyone which I'm proud of. I also pointed out to a few of them that it was pointless me fighting them coz if I won the fight I'd get the shit kicked out of me worse by their older brothers or friends, so pretty much a loose loose situation. Another factor in it stopping was them getting into hash and realising that I was one of the few who could already roll a decent joint.

Worst thing that happened was getting beaten up by five lads on the way home from the cinema about 16 or 17. The ringleader there has since apologised pretty sincerely as have most of the people who gave me shit in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back