Kiddies being bullied (1 Viewer)

The 'meek' kid and his mates could have been tormenting the other one and he saw his chance to confront him without his crew.

I don't really know how kids put up with what they have to. When someone says something cruel to me now, or curses at me or anything, I can handle it but it really gets in there, into my head. If it happens in work it always helps a bit when I talk about it to workmates at the end of the day. Poor kids like.

Wormo said:
The 'meek' kid and his mates could have been tormenting the other one and he saw his chance to confront him without his crew.

I don't really know how kids put up with what they have to. When someone says something cruel to me now, or curses at me or anything, I can handle it but it really gets in there, into my head. If it happens in work it always helps a bit when I talk about it to workmates at the end of the day. Poor kids like.

One time in Santry I was going for lunch and broke up these two kids,one had the other by the neck with his fist raised about to whack him and the other just looked absolutely terrifiied.
So I stopped it because I knew the aggressor and the scared kid ran off.Then I goes to your man"Why where you about to hit him?"

Turns out the scared kid and his mates gave him a few slaps a week before and this was the first time he caught him on his own...

Felt bad then,should have let him give him a hiding.

Anyway,the point being you never what went on behind the event.

What??
Im going home..

bullseye_bully.jpg
bullseye_bullies.jpg

My brother is in his first year of secondary school. He has this condition called dyspraxia which basically makes him a lot more sensitive about things and emotional really and he cant deal with more streetwise people. Anyway he goes to a school which is about a 30 minute bus drive away. The bullying he gets on the bus has gotten so bad we're arranging for him to go another school next year. Some of the the things that have happened to him literally make me angrier than I ever have been. One day he came home and some bastard had pissed in a bottle and fucked it all over him. You might think I'm exaggerating but I'm not at all. Then other times he's been thrown to the floor and the people who are the same age as me and older have taken his shoes off him and beat him around the face with them and then thrown them away so he cant get them back until the bus stops and they all leave. My ma and da have reported it to the school several times and they do fuck all even though its been pointed out who it was. The bus driver even went to the school and they ignored. I've gone to the bus stop myself to try and sort the bastards out but they're the ones who jump into their parents BMWs and Mercs straight off the bus. I used to get a bit of bullying in primary school but I learned to stand up for myself but my brother cant and I just dont understand how 17/18 year olds can actually torture someone like that who is only 12. People are cunts.

In primary school I got on fine with classmates although this older dude about three years ahead of me used give me hassle. He was about 12, me 8. I tripped him up one day while he was running down the stairs and he cracked his mouth and lost three teeth when he hit the step. He never went near me after that.

My advice is hit back / get them back someway. The more extreme the retaliation the better. If you do nothing then they'll walk all over you.

Ciaran Mackle said:
My brother is in his first year of secondary school. He has this condition called dyspraxia which basically makes him a lot more sensitive about things and emotional really and he cant deal with more streetwise people. Anyway he goes to a school which is about a 30 minute bus drive away. The bullying he gets on the bus has gotten so bad we're arranging for him to go another school next year. Some of the the things that have happened to him literally make me angrier than I ever have been. One day he came home and some bastard had pissed in a bottle and fucked it all over him. You might think I'm exaggerating but I'm not at all. Then other times he's been thrown to the floor and the people who are the same age as me and older have taken his shoes off him and beat him around the face with them and then thrown them away so he cant get them back until the bus stops and they all leave. My ma and da have reported it to the school several times and they do fuck all even though its been pointed out who it was. The bus driver even went to the school and they ignored. I've gone to the bus stop myself to try and sort the bastards out but they're the ones who jump into their parents BMWs and Mercs straight off the bus. I used to get a bit of bullying in primary school but I learned to stand up for myself but my brother cant and I just dont understand how 17/18 year olds can actually torture someone like that who is only 12. People are cunts.

is there an education board/department you can write to. or a local paper. or a local politician. schools can't get away with that.

broken arm said:
is there an education board/department you can write to. or a local paper. or a local politician. schools can't get away with that.

My mum went to the education board about it and they just brushed it off. Then she tried to apply for him to get a free taxi to school because of his disability which he should be entitled to but because off cut backs only "extreme cases" can be allowed this service. He had a meeting today with another school closer to home but I havent been talking to anyone about it yet so hopefully he'll get in there cause it just cant go on. Its kinda heartbreakig cause he is the nicest, happiest person ever and you can just see his spirit getting crushed all the time.

Ciaran Mackle said:
My mum went to the education board about it and they just brushed it off.

right then. what is the local and regional newspaper? who is the local politician?

Ciaran Mackle said:
My mum went to the education board about it and they just brushed it off. Then she tried to apply for him to get a free taxi to school because of his disability which he should be entitled to but because off cut backs only "extreme cases" can be allowed this service. He had a meeting today with another school closer to home but I havent been talking to anyone about it yet so hopefully he'll get in there cause it just cant go on. Its kinda heartbreakig cause he is the nicest, happiest person ever and you can just see his spirit getting crushed all the time.

what about learning self-defense? would that help in anyway? would it increase confidence etc?

i was never bullied in school. i was beaten up once but i was asking for it.

I was tormeted in the last few years of primary school by a girl. Every little break she would single me out and call me a cock-eyed gay. (I had a turn in my eye & liked art).
She was about twice the size of me and the memories of her taunts would bring tears to my eyes as I struggled to get a few fitful hours of sleep at night.
On the brighter side, she was from a lower class family and now has 17 children and a violent, alcoholic husband.
Karma, eh? Everything evens out in the end.

Spam Javelin said:
I was tormeted in the last few years of primary school by a girl. Every little break she would single me out and call me a cock-eyed gay. (I had a turn in my eye & liked art).
She was about twice the size of me and the memories of her taunts would bring tears to my eyes as I struggled to get a few fitful hours of sleep at night.
On the brighter side, she was from a lower class family and now has 17 children and a violent, alcoholic husband.
Karma, eh? Everything evens out in the end.

was her name greg murphy?

nEiLo said:
what about learning self-defense? would that help in anyway? would it increase confidence etc?

i was never bullied in school. i was beaten up once but i was asking for it.

I'd reckon Mackle's bro prob doesn't have the mindset for self defence classes. Like, if you go to a boxing club or whatever, they're all pretty mad on the testosterone, y'know aggressive and that. They wouldn't necassarily start pickin on his bro in the club, but kids at that age have a pretty aggressive outlook in boxin/martial arts clubs. It would be worth it if he stuck it out, but it would be hard goin.

seanc said:
But the one time I did get into a fight, with one of the lads I GAA'd with, I was roundly and comprehensively battered.
But the hassle I was gettin more or less stopped after that.
I think learning boxing or judo (or both) in school would be a deadly idea - if you're a quiet kid the one of the main things that stops you fighting back is fear of the unknown, if learning to box meant kids realised that losing a fight isn't really that big a deal (at least until you get older and your opponents get strong) then they'd be a lot harder to bully

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back