Kevin Myers is back on form (1 Viewer)

My boss and her response.

It's a little tame, and in reality she's fucking livid, but as Chairperson of Dochas, there is a measure of restraint she has to show.

Not only do do we have to talk about this posh cock in work now, we have to listen to the cunt on Newstalk this week too. :mad:

It's a very good response. Although I would have preferred if there had been mention of Africa being in the state it's in because the "First World" has raped it of its raw materials for the past couple of hundred years.

Fair play to her.

My boss and her response.

It's a little tame, and in reality she's fucking livid, but as Chairperson of Dochas, there is a measure of restraint she has to show.

Not only do do we have to talk about this posh cock in work now, we have to listen to the cunt on Newstalk this week too. :mad:

Good letter

To be fair, I've encountered the following over the last week:

- Quite a few 'posh' people condemning Myers article.

- A number of 'salt of the earth' people saying he's right and fuck Africa.

we have to listen to the cunt on Newstalk this week too. :mad:

I usually flick between Hook and the last word in the evenings when I feel like current affairs but the dial has been stuck on Today FM since I heard Myers' voice on Monday.

They had David Norris hosting last week too, replacing him with Myers makes it even worse.

I usually flick between Hook and the last word in the evenings when I feel like current affairs but the dial has been stuck on Today FM since I heard Myers' voice on Monday.

They had David Norris hosting last week too, replacing him with Myers makes it even worse.

although i find myself agreeing with Norris on many issues, i really can't stand his over-cooked eccentricity. his tone just grinds my gears to fuck and i love the gays!

although i find myself agreeing with Norris on many issues, i really can't stand his over-cooked eccentricity. his tone just grinds my gears to fuck and i love the gays!

I had massive time for the guy until I saw that episode of 'living with lucy'.

getting back to myers, I reckon we should build a myers article generator; basically plug in references to horny africans after our lily white irish callins waiting in vain for their brave and honest loves to return home while these poor squadies lie twicthing on the barbed wire of the somme only too have their memory be earsed by gerry adam and ivana bacik into any other article and there you go.

oh, and just for jane, the teapot/mouse connundrum

It's funny. The day I saw this article, I went to the Newseum (lame name, highly problematic museum) in DC, where they have a section about journalists who have been killed in the line of duty. They include Veronia Guerin, although they don't say much about her or about why she was killed, but I just thought, fuck, she really died in vain for a newspaper that....the fucking state of it. I wonder what she would think about the paper that now uses quotes from blog and messageboard comments as 'sources' and prints shit like this? I wanted to cry and lay flowers at the grave of journalism.

Myers is a sick man, and I mean probably clinically. But the people who decided that was a good piece to print, and people who've agreed with it -- they can't all need sectioning. Some of them are just plain old racist cunts.

I also want to know something. Since Kev has written at length about how rape was made up by feminists to get back at men, I don't understand how this fits into his 'African AIDS rape' theory. Did we make that up, too, or does he need to re-evaluate his original argument?

But the people who decided that was a good piece to print, and people who've agreed with it

That's the worst part. There's trolling and being controversial and just being ignorant. But then, it is O'Reilly's rag, so we shouldn't really be surprised. Part of it is them testing the waters. So they can get even more right-wing, depending on the reaction. Seems to have worked for them, considering the support they got from the majority of letter-writers (that they chose to publish). Of course, the usual letter-writer-inner is a mouthpiece. Like the type of wanker who posts on thumped. Er, um...ah, ye know what I mean....

does he need to re-evaluate his original argument?

He needs to fuck off and die. Up his own hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back