Kevin Blake Interview & Death Grips Remix for Skirmish Blog (1 Viewer)

Hey folks,

Free wav download of Death Grips' Guillotine track and new interview:

kevin_blake.jpg

Here's a wee bit from the interview:

Merry Xmas!! Hope that whatever your up to you're having a great one. For the Xmas post, I'm delighted to have an interview with Limerick producer Kevin Blake. It's one I've wanted to do for ages - he was the first local producer I heard that I really liked and that got me interested in production. Having followed him since his early beginnings playing in Cork, I've watched his sound develop to what it is today and his progression is extremely impressive. His tunes are a testament to his ability as a musician, with each part carefully constructed and well thought out. He also set up and co run's Electric Underground, a club night which has always been my favourite night out and which has hosted some massive names in Cork such as Luke Vibert, Clark, The Hacker and James Holden to name a few and was a catalyst for fuelling my love for electronic music and disocvering loads of new artists. Having just returned to these shores after a spell living in Canada, he's ready to unleash his new productions and tour his band's début album, the also savage Private Underground Residence. I absolutely love his music and can't speak highly enough of it. He's only going to get better as well and completely take off and I'm thrilled that he agreed to answer some questions. Not only that but he's been good enough to give me his unbelievable remix of Death Grips, which you can hear below for the first time and download. It's one of the best remixes I've heard in ages and he's managed to make an already filthy tune even filthier, putting his own stamp on it.

1. What got you interested in making electronic music?

When you spend your teenage years being in bands you feel like you have to compromise a lot. I've always loved electronic music. It's not just something I got into
in early adulthood. I've been listening to Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and Prefuse 73 since I've been about 14 or 15. Hearing Kid A for the first time tweaked a few wires in my brain as well.
I remember going to a festival just after a band i'd been in for a few years broke up and promising one of my friends that this time next year i'd know how to make electronic music and have an album. The album part was a bit ambitious, but I did learn. I was lucky enough to get some pointers here and there from people who already knew how to use the programs....

More @ http://skirmishcork.blogspot.com/2011/12/interview-kevin-blake.html

Happy holidays from all of us @ Electric Underground : )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back