Kate Bush (7 Viewers)

Favorite Kate Bush Album

• Total voters
nlgbbbblth said:
No - I was being serious. Before I bought Shine On the only Pink Floyd albums I owned were on vinyl [Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, The Final Cut, Obscured By Clouds, Dark Side Of The Moon] and none on CD. As Dark Side Of The Moon was the only one of those four to be included in the box you could say I didn't really fit into the 'load of albums they already have' category.

It made no sense to buy it if you had everything already but if not it is a great place to get a bunch of Pink Floyd in one fell swoop.

I wasn't impressed with them reducing the covers in size though.

mmm, i suppose.
so they didnt even bother putting all the albums in!baggyyyy

nonemoreblack said:
I never realised she'd released more than a few albums. I hope its as good as hounds of love but that would be bloody hard to do. A double album? <rubs hands> do you think she'll ever play some gigs? I heard she'd only ever done a few in her life.
I heard she lost LOADS of money when she did gigs because she insisted on bringing along a whole troupe of dancers, gymnasts, fire-eaters, general circus types...
Sounds pretty cool.

nlgbbbblth said:
Has first six albums (not Red Shoes) with two extra CDs of b sides and a photo booklet.

There was also a KB 7" vinyl box set, with all previously-available singles in it,
and the "rare" Irish-only Night Of The Swallow one. And the "Live On Stage" EP.

But it did have all the picture sleeves, and getting 7" singles with their picture
sleeves was not always possible in Ireland in the late 70's and early 80's.

bonus tracks are a funny one in general... they can be a good thing but i dont like the idea of sticking them on the same cd as the album at the end where they are usually put.. it messes with the balance of an album especially an album like hounds of love .. its madness.. its always better to get them on a cheeky bonus disc

anyhow.. cant wait for new album..
favourite album The Kick Inside but its a very close call with that and Hounds of Love

Mermade. said:
bonus tracks are a funny one in general... they can be a good thing but i dont like the idea of sticking them on the same cd as the album at the end where they are usually put.. it messes with the balance of an album especially an album like hounds of love .. its madness.. its always better to get them on a cheeky bonus disc

agreed agreed agreed. excellent point well made. there are a load of albums (more often then not reissues on CD) that i adore but have bonus tracks which are of more substandard material and quality. a lot of my favourite albums like this can almost be spoiled by crappy sub b-side material tacked on to the end. in many cases i have made a cdr copy removing the bonus tracks for my own regular listening. the bonus tracks should be put on an extra CD, the nature of an album as an entirety should not be sacrificed or ignored.

my favourite kate bush album is "the dreaming".

"it's in the trees, it's coming!"

I forsee a DVD type access to extra tracks, artwork etc...

plays regular on a cd player - you get the extra goodies on yr HOME CINEMA!
win / win situation.

crystal_ball_LG.jpg

I forsee a DVD type access to extra tracks, artwork etc...

plays regular on a cd player - you get the extra goodies on yr HOME CINEMA!
win / win situation.

Mermade. said:

yup, i always end up stopping the album before the bonus tracks, where it's supposed to end.

favourite kate bush albums are probably the dreaming, hounds of love, the kick inside, and never for ever (even though that song about fancying a small child is a bit...eww, shut up about the "man inside his eyes", you weird woman). i haven't listened to the sensual world much, must give it another go.

i wonder what the buzz will be with the new album .. would love her to go back to her aforementioned band sound roots.. thats what i love about Kick Inside
Never For Ever is also class..

"King of the Mountain" is getting an exclusive airing on BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce show on Wednesday 21st September, sometime between 9:30 and 10:30am.

For tax reasons, she's changed her name to K8 Bsh for this release.

M.A.D.

I only know the Kick Inside, but it seems I should be at least checking the Hounds of Love. She had some balls releasing Wuthering Heights as a debut single. Between that and me playing 'Oh What a World' by Rufus Wainwright (it includes bits of Bolero), my neighbours must think I'm turning into a fruit. Hopefully my terrible dress sense reassures them that I'm straight.

portrid said:
"King of the Mountain" is getting an exclusive airing on BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce show on Wednesday 21st September, sometime between 9:30 and 10:30am.

For tax reasons, she's changed her name to K8 Bsh for this release.

M.A.D.

13th September 2005: We can confirm that Kate's single King of the Mountain will be played for the first time on BBC Radio Two's Ken Bruce show between around 9.30 & 10.30 a.m. on Wednesday 21st September (thanks to Krys at HomeGround). The 12th September issue of Music Week has described the song: "This rhythmic gem grows and grows from an almost electronic-sounding start to suggest that the wait has been well worth it." They report that the album will be a double set, one disc made up of a single track, lasting more than half an hour, the other comprising around seven tracks. It also says that "the Bush project is the diamond in EMI's schedule." The single is also listed under their "key singles" in their chart pullout. (thanks to Ian on the forum)

sounds promising!

Its a tie between 'hounds of love' and 'the dreaming' for me, with 'never for ever' coming in just behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back