Kate Bush (1 Viewer)

Favorite Kate Bush Album

• Total voters
Miss Piggy said:
New double album in november!!! (pleasebegood...)

so whats your favorite KB album? has to be "Hounds Of Love" for me, fantastic from start to finish...

runner-up = "Never For Ever"

My own list, from most favourite to least favourite:

Hounds of Love
The Dreaming
The Sensual World
Never for Ever
The Kick Inside
Lionheart
The Red Shoes

This doesn't include The Whole Story, although as greatest-hits compilations go, it's great (the redone version of "Wuthering Heights" kicks the original's butt).

Paul

Me an osama an fitz have a day of fun planned that involves runnig round gorse-rich fields in wicklow , wrapped in tartan shawls on some foggy date in october; looking for 'Bush's Bushes' garden shop and maybe popping in for some tea and elderberries.

Cant wait.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Me an osama an fitz have a day of fun planned that involves runnig round gorse-rich fields in wicklow , wrapped in tartan shawls on some foggy date in october; looking for 'Bush's Bushes' garden shop and maybe popping in for some tea and elderberries.

Cant wait.
somewhere like this?
7199.jpg

Mick Karn is on the new album - hooray!

Nick Kamen is on the new album - meh? Metallica with the orchestra was a low-point for music.

That's all I know.

Someone please tell me it's full of Bushs and Del Palmers and John Giblins and all my faves - huh?

I never realised she'd released more than a few albums. I hope its as good as hounds of love but that would be bloody hard to do. A double album? <rubs hands> do you think she'll ever play some gigs? I heard she'd only ever done a few in her life.

chickenham said:
Mick Karn is on the new album - hooray!

Nick Kamen is on the new album - meh? Metallica with the orchestra was a low-point for music.

That's all I know.

Someone please tell me it's full of Bushs and Del Palmers and John Giblins and all my faves - huh?
michael kamen you mean?
12_Kamen.jpg

he wont be bothering us again...

having said that i defy you to say he didnt do a fine job on pink floyds "the wall", "the final cut" and roger waters "the pros and cons of hitchhiking".

del palmer engineered the album apparently, probably played on it too. i just hope theres no more eric clapton.

i'd love to join. sounds like fun.

i'm really lookin forward to this kate bush release. shes fantastic.

someone told me that shes smokin an ounce a week and runnin a gardencentre in wicklow.

anyone else heard this?

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Spot on fucker. You in?

Mmm, yeah ok. i wonder is there an orphanage that would lend us a few small children to loose up there. but if im feeling lazy i might just go to the grave yard in harolds cross, i'd say it might be passable in the fog, and they have a coffee shop in there too.

Miss Piggy said:
michael kamen you mean?
12_Kamen.jpg

he wont be bothering us again...

having said that i defy you to say he didnt do a fine job on pink floyds "the wall", "the final cut" and roger waters "the pros and cons of hitchhiking".

I know what I mean - Nick Kamen out of the Levi's ad who did orchestra for metallica.
'sakes

Anyway, as long as Lenny Henry's on the album I'll be happy.

My favourite Kate Bush album is
The Dreaming

followed by
Hounds Of Love
Never For Ever
The Sensual World
The Kick Inside
Lionheart
The Red Shoes

rumour has it that the seven albums are being remastered but nothing has been confirmed. Perhaps they'll shove on extra tracks etc. Personally I think they sound fine on CD but pale in comparison towards the vinyl.

The Live At Hammersmith Odeon video is top - anyone wanna make me a copy?

Anyone buy This Woman's Work box?

nlgbbbblth said:
Anyone buy This Woman's Work box?

bonus tracks are kinda gammy. the hounds of love is better with out them i think, stupid 12" remixes. if they are gonna insist on adding them they should put them at the start so that if you want you can still listen to the album as it was originally intended by skipping them and not having them come on after the album finishes.

did that box set have any rareties or stuff? i recall reading in the second last edition of the pink floyd fanzine "the amazing pudding" that one of the reasons they decided to stop making the zine was that the floyd turned down their offer of help in putting togther the "shine on" box set (they offered to suggest stuff that floyd fans would love) and instead put out a "this womans work" type boxset i.e. over priced with mostly all previosly released stuff in it and the odd rarety or two that would cause hardcore fans shell out a fortune for stuff they already had just so they could get the few rareties. bastards.

i guess im gonna have to give the dreaming another go... never was too fond of that one...

Miss Piggy said:
did that box set have any rareties or stuff? i recall reading in the second last edition of the pink floyd fanzine "the amazing pudding" that one of the reasons they decided to stop making the zine was that the floyd turned down their offer of help in putting togther the "shine on" box set (they offered to suggest stuff that floyd fans would love) and instead put out a "this womans work" type boxset i.e. over priced with mostly all previosly released stuff in it and the odd rarety or two that would cause hardcore fans shell out a fortune for stuff they already had just so they could get the few rareties. bastards.

Never bought the Kate box, mostly b-sides as far as I know. If I see it for under €70 then maybe.
Shine On box is deadly though. The Early Singles CD, the whole prism effect when you line up the CDs, the book (typos I know).

TWW has all of the single b-sides (some are brilliant) and happily they're all together instead of being lumped at the ends of the albums. Some reissues do have them as bonus tracks - shame!

The Dreaming is only brilliant but I seem to be alone in rating 'The kick inside' highly. I really love the band sound on it.

is TWW all her albums as normal with an extra cd with the b-sides on it, all packaged up in a tarty box?

were you being sarcastic, nnggglbth, about the shine on box? didnt they even make shite of all the front covers by making them tiny? anyway, down with bands making fans shell out for a load of albums they already have just to get a few b-sides. at least now we can download them if its too much bother to root through the tapes in record collector.

i also rate "the kick inside" very highly but i rate some of her other stuff much higher. this womans work is one of my favorite songs of kates and some of the other sensual world songs too though i think as an album its very patchy. the red shoes was a lot better than i remembered when i listened to it sometime in the last year for the first time in about 10 years.

Miss Piggy said:
were you being sarcastic, nnggglbth, about the shine on box? didnt they even make shite of all the front covers by making them tiny? anyway, down with bands making fans shell out for a load of albums they already have just to get a few b-sides. at least now we can download them if its too much bother to root through the tapes in record collector.

No - I was being serious. Before I bought Shine On the only Pink Floyd albums I owned were on vinyl [Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, The Final Cut, Obscured By Clouds, Dark Side Of The Moon] and none on CD. As Dark Side Of The Moon was the only one of those four to be included in the box you could say I didn't really fit into the 'load of albums they already have' category.

It made no sense to buy it if you had everything already but if not it is a great place to get a bunch of Pink Floyd in one fell swoop.

I wasn't impressed with them reducing the covers in size though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back