justin broadrick's Final support sunno))) on tuesday(oct 17) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 6
I enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so.
I expected it to be far more intense sonically - didn't have the crushing low end I was expecting - a good 808 kick drum will rattle more than just your kneecaps :)

whelans stripped down set V crawdaddy embelleshed set mit vocals
two entirely different shows, and enjoyable on very different planes
me loved it both times
last night was suitably halloweeny

This was awsesome. Preferred it to Whelan's gig. More variation, vocals added a lot to it too. And c'mon ... black robes are much cooler than white ones.

Why were there no girls there though? Stephen O'Malley is one sexy bastard with his robe off.

I enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so.
I expected it to be far more intense sonically - didn't have the crushing low end I was expecting - a good 808 kick drum will rattle more than just your kneecaps :)

Middle 20 mins or so for me! Should start bringing a stopwatch to gigs to record the exact timing of peak gig-enjoyment

Vocals were Cher after too many Rothmans. It was a little upsetting to see Justin wearing a cape though. When in Rome, wear a cape. My eyesight is getting really fucked - were they wearing masks too?

attila was wearing a masked robe - when he pulled it off at the end i was hoping to see a load of leaking corpse paint..alas..
i couldn't make out anyone for ages
apart from the bass guy on the far right and the top of JBs guitar
was attila on the gruond for the first 20 minutes or so? was the electric cello guy on stage from the start with jb + other guy + attila?

the fog in the middle of the stage pointing upwards was amazing - the sound of it fit right in too

fyi atilla will not be there in galway or cork.. they played a different set last night to belfast so i suppose the other gigs will be diff as well.

enjoyed this a lot. wasn't quite as gut rumbling as i expected but i enjoyed the dynamics of it. the smoke was crazy and it was only about half-way through the show when i moved a bit more forward that i could see any of them properly. like andy said, the hissing noise of the smoke machine fitted the sound perfectly! enjoyable show, devil horns and all

T'was deadly. Prolly preffered Whelans show but that might have had as much to do with it being first time seeing them.
Final was cool too but kinda made me wish I was watching Merzbow again.
Pop quiz, do doom metallers love merch as much as they love satan? And what was with the white edition cd being pimped for 45 yips? I didnt hang around long enough to investigate it.

afterwards o'malley was outside telling everyone coming out in a sunn t-shirt to go back and buy a hoodie as well.. haha!

Why were there no girls there though? Stephen O'Malley is one sexy bastard with his robe off.

Oh on the contrary - I had to spend the entire pre and post SunnO)) evening listening to a female friend of mine rattle on about how hot she thinks SOMA is.Actually she generally spends a lot of time talking about how hot she thinks he is.And there were plenty of girls there from what I could see.

Man of the match though - the little goth lad who went for a piss outside the venue just after Final.
Cos there aren't toilets in Crawdaddy like.

Oh on the contrary - I had to spend the entire pre and post SunnO)) evening listening to a female friend of mine rattle on about how hot she thinks SOMA is.Actually she generally spends a lot of time talking about how hot she thinks he is.And there were plenty of girls there from what I could see.

Man of the match though - the little goth lad who went for a piss outside the venue just after Final.
Cos there aren't toilets in Crawdaddy like.

well when i was at jape there on sat night, some scummy cunt took a piss in the sink. then when accused of being a scummy cunt he explained how, during ww2, the jews used to piss on their hands to clean em. he's now an ignorant scummy cunt in my eyes.

i enjoyed final more than sunn0))) last night.
but preferred sunn0))) in belfast on monday. there were less people but more of a buzz, defo.

crawdaddy is grand, but that bit with the low ceiling makes me feel really claustrophobic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back