Justin Barratt Attacked (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 8
i do believe people have the right to actually present their views in regards to literature and the internet say but when it comes to a platform for these people fuck them. let's be honest here fuck all the moralising, the majority of people couldn't be fucked caring about their neighbours let alone justin barrett, i'd be pretty happy to see barrett in A&E plain and simple.

i always find just ask nazi's or racists what the hell have they done to help their 'great white race' and generally it's not very much, that usually shuts em

obviously there are two sides of the story: as in he's got the right to speak and all that, and now as a result of the afa he's landed himself some extra media....but i think it just furthermore highlights the fact that he's a twat.
i think its cool what they did and might prevent others like him from voicing their stupid ideas.
i think he sent out a pamphlet out this way saying that he wanted all peados tagged and electronically monitered. so they couldnt leave their house and all that. very strange man.

a bit insane, isnt he...:confused:
hopefully the debating societies in ucd (at least) are gonna think twice before they invite someone that offesive again.

Sprinkles said:
it showed little forsight.
just to clarify this, i meant that it showed little foresight on the part of the debating society.

Blackenedflag said:
No, I was not refaring to you ElderLemon.

Fair enough...

There was no more then 100 people at the 'debate'. Justin Barrett has often been on national radio.

What I meant was that he wouldn't have been on radio yesterday except for the incident at the debate.

"Blackenedflag..i've seen your house..."

Weeler..your 21 and live with your parents...

Nothing like a bout of Cyberhandbags... :)

mc moley said:
i think he sent out a pamphlet out this way saying that he wanted all peados tagged and electronically monitered. so they couldnt leave their house and all that. very strange man.

He's obviously picked up some tips from his fellow candidate in the Euros, Clifford 'I cannot stand by and watch the destruction of Childhood' Reid.

Blackenedflag said:
There are photos somewhere. You may need to ask people in person. Dont think they're going to be posted anywhere. Its interesting to see the 'liberal' left go on about free speech. (All white of course) Im a facist because I stood in Barretts way on the stage??! This has me so fucking pissed off! Ignorant spoilt middle-class fucks!
do you even know what liberalism stands for????
quit using it as an insult...you're as disingenous to the idea of liberalism as neo-conservatives....
the old freedom of speech arguement is not what i am attempting to defend here....
the fact that we have effectively censored the extreme right for the last few decades has only made them consolidate and become organised.....
what they need IS confrontation but the main aim should be to expose them to the greater general public as the bunch of facist nutters they are...
public debate is never going to change a facists mind, why should it they don't believe in consenting dissent, however it might make people who are generally apathetic about such things more pissed off about these people....
the right is on the rise, are you going to kick the shit out of all of them or would you rather that people became more educated about the real right wing agendas of these "mainstream" right wing groups????

jmlcomp said:
the right is on the rise, are you going to kick the shit out of all of them or would you rather that people became more educated about the real right wing agendas of these "mainstream" right wing groups????

It takes both.

Corm said:
The no platform response is a direct response to learning lessons from history...

Here in Denmark there's been a large influx of immigrants since the 60s/70s. It's now that the extreme right is starting to become a major power -the far-right Dansk Folkespartie (Danish People's Party) are TOTALLY anti-immigrant and have been dismantling Denmark's welfare state, advocating benefits for "true Danes" only. They're so fucking paranoid of foreigners that they've instituted a fucking law prohibiting Danish people under 25 from marrying people of a different nationality.

Ireland has only experienced such immigration since the late 90's, and it hasn't even reached the rate it is sure to within 10-20 years, at which time I reckon Ireland will have way bigger immigrant communities, which might make the fuckin place a bit more interesting. It's only then that large-scale problems will begin to emerge from the right, UNLESS they're combatted in EVERY way, right from debates, information & propaganda down to confronting the thugs and fascists who attack & encourage attacks upon those they blame for their shit lives. If you're not comfortable with doing that kind of thing yourself that's cool, there's dozens of other ways people need to & can respond to hate and biggotry. But it seems it's just not the case that they'll back down without violence being involved at some point -the lessons of history.

Last night because there was a big football match in Copenhagen, there were over 200 right-wing nazi hooligans drinking in a couple of pubs. They were going around in groups trying to convince people to sign petitions to get rid of all mosques in Denmark. They got a bit rowdy and lots of riot cops came and had a showdown with them; grand job, let them fuckin beat the shite out of each other. Since similar things have happened in the past, there had to be around 50 people all night in Ungdomshuset (the autonomous centre here) in case it was attacked. You don't want this in Ireland and the time to make sure it never gets a foothold is now; the work of the AFA is essential.

I was actually reading a book in UCD about a month ago on the rise of populism in Europe, and the two countries that were compared the most were in fact Ireland and Denmark, in terms of how it started off in denmark and how things are going in Ireland. It dealt mostly with the DF and present day denmark, but it talks about the increasing rise of racism in Ireland. Even since the referendum, the amount of random racist assaults has risen, it's the fear of these becoming organised racist assaults which is why action is so important now.

does getting beaten up make someone less or more likely to carry out racist attacks and campaigns? or does it have no effect either way but it's just cos we're right and they're wrong?

Muscle Beach said:
does getting beaten up make someone less or more likely to carry out racist attacks and campaigns? or does it have no effect either way but it's just cos we're right and they're wrong?[/QUOTE.

if you were aware that there was a good chance of getting a kicking
if you did something would you be more or less inclined tell me?

Muscle Beach said:
does getting beaten up make someone less or more likely to carry out racist attacks and campaigns? or does it have no effect either way but it's just cos we're right and they're wrong?

As the spoiled middleclass kids most of us are, we have a choice. To leave the nazis and racist to beat up or kill people who doesn't get a choice or to go after them and get their violence of the streets. I'm not saying the fight should only be fought in the streets.
Violence is not an aim in it self, but when confronting nazis - which is nesssesary - we have to be ready for it. Cause we have a choice. And to show the people who doesn't that they are not the only one fighting, and that it's a fight we are all part of.
The thing I enjoy the least is demonstrating against nazis, and being ready for the fighting in the streets, but it's what I have to do, since I could just get a haircut and nazis would leave me alone if I kept my mouth shut..

beergoth said:
Violence is not an aim in it self, but when confronting nazis - which is nesssesary - we have to be ready for it. Cause we have a choice. And to show the people who doesn't that they are not the only one fighting, and that it's a fight we are all part of.
The thing I enjoy the least is demonstrating against nazis, and being ready for the fighting in the streets, but it's what I have to do, since I could just get a haircut and nazis would leave me alone if I kept my mouth shut..
thanks.

byrneos: that probably depends on why i was doing it.

spuded said:
i do believe people have the right to actually present their views in regards to literature and the internet say but when it comes to a platform for these people fuck them. let's be honest here fuck all the moralising, the majority of people couldn't be fucked caring about their neighbours let alone justin barrett, i'd be pretty happy to see barrett in A&E plain and simple.

i always find just ask nazi's or racists what the hell have they done to help their 'great white race' and generally it's not very much, that usually shuts em
As far as I'm concerned, everyone is entitled to speak their mind wether I agree with them or not.
However, everyone else has the right to challenge them on it.

And that,folks, is that.

ElderLemon said:
Nothing like a bout of Cyberhandbags... :)

Jeez, i wasnt even having a go at blackenedflag, he obviously knows how affluent he is already what with living on the top of the hill of howth..
Yeh, im staying with my parents while I save the money to move out again,

!baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy i'd rather be a 21 year old staying with my mammy than a big fat virgin. !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy

!baggyyyy !baggyyyy
!baggyyyy !baggyyyy

weeler said:
Jeez, i wasnt even having a go at blackenedflag, he obviously knows how affluent he is already what with living on the top of the hill of howth..
Yeh, im staying with my parents while I save the money to move out again,

!baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy i'd rather be a 21 year old staying with my mammy than a big fat virgin. !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy

!baggyyyy !baggyyyy
!baggyyyy !baggyyyy
Tuff stuff coming from someone who fucked the Coolock gok every Saturday then denied it every Sunday evening..:D
Let it go sweetie. Let it go..

that's rich coming from you.. You're Rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back