Justin Barratt Attacked (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 8
Him and his mates used to go around swingin' hurleys to break up pro- choice rallies a few years back...

THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
AND THEY SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD
THEY SAID TO PLAY IT LOUDER THAN HELL
AND WE PROMISED THAT WE WOULD

Incidentally, the "innocent bystander" at the back who got slapped about is a member of Ketzer (NS and WS band) and a prominent poster on Stormfront... proof that this guy definitely an "innocent bystander." AFA really do their research...

around ten years ago in cork the ucc philosoph society invited david irving to speak at a debate about holocaust denial....
i was opposed to it and helped with socalist worker party in successfully blocking it...
it was only later when i met one of the people organising the debate that the philosoph's intention was to also have a concentration camp survivor (who had appeared in a very harrowing doc on c4 just weeks beforehand) speak at the debate...
the whole point was to get people angry at people like david irving as he stood there and told a man who had lost his entire family that his memory was fabricated by some jewish conspiracy...
all it ended up doing was getting those reasonably moderate people pissed off about the pot calling kettle black attitude of the left....
counter productive to the whole aim of nazi's and their apologists getting bad press....

jmlcomp said:
around ten years ago in cork the ucc philosoph society invited david irving to speak at a debate about holocaust denial....
i was opposed to it and helped with socalist worker party in successfully blocking it...
it was only later when i met one of the people organising the debate that the philosoph's intention was to also have a concentration camp survivor (who had appeared in a very harrowing doc on c4 just weeks beforehand) speak at the debate...
the whole point was to get people angry at people like david irving as he stood there and told a man who had lost his entire family that his memory was fabricated by some jewish conspiracy...
all it ended up doing was getting those reasonably moderate people pissed off about the pot calling kettle black attitude of the left....
counter productive to the whole aim of nazi's and their apologists getting bad press....
i can see your point with the incident in cork but i think it was much more important that irvine didnt speak rather than get out debated, the only way to deal with the far right is the no platfoem policy that afa advocates.The kinda people that your dealing with are no mindless Idiots or a few mad extremists as touchy feely left would have you belive, attitudes like these lead to complacency, and leave room for greater organisation and recruitment within the far right. These peoples minds arent gonna be changed by debate or argument so they need to be physically beaten so badly at every oppertunity that they are afriad to open their mouths and spew one word of their vile propaganda

NO PASARAN

the debate friendly public face of fascism is nearly always backed by (or wants to be backed by) goons to do the foot-soldiering. Anyone advocating free speech for fascists seriously needs to go read some history books,if you haven't got the stomach for the inevitable violence involved then please don't hide behind the free speech argument..pacifists and liberterians will be among the first up against the wall in any nazi putsch

tommytrousers said:
the debate friendly public face of fascism is nearly always backed by (or wants to be backed by) goons to do the foot-soldiering. Anyone advocating free speech for fascists seriously needs to go read some history books,if you haven't got the stomach for the inevitable violence involved then please don't hide behind the free speech argument..pacifists and liberterians will be among the first up against the wall in any nazi putsch

Amen Tommitrousers.

The no platform response is a direct response to learning lessons from history...

Here in Denmark there's been a large influx of immigrants since the 60s/70s. It's now that the extreme right is starting to become a major power -the far-right Dansk Folkespartie (Danish People's Party) are TOTALLY anti-immigrant and have been dismantling Denmark's welfare state, advocating benefits for "true Danes" only. They're so fucking paranoid of foreigners that they've instituted a fucking law prohibiting Danish people under 25 from marrying people of a different nationality.

Ireland has only experienced such immigration since the late 90's, and it hasn't even reached the rate it is sure to within 10-20 years, at which time I reckon Ireland will have way bigger immigrant communities, which might make the fuckin place a bit more interesting. It's only then that large-scale problems will begin to emerge from the right, UNLESS they're combatted in EVERY way, right from debates, information & propaganda down to confronting the thugs and fascists who attack & encourage attacks upon those they blame for their shit lives. If you're not comfortable with doing that kind of thing yourself that's cool, there's dozens of other ways people need to & can respond to hate and biggotry. But it seems it's just not the case that they'll back down without violence being involved at some point -the lessons of history.

Last night because there was a big football match in Copenhagen, there were over 200 right-wing nazi hooligans drinking in a couple of pubs. They were going around in groups trying to convince people to sign petitions to get rid of all mosques in Denmark. They got a bit rowdy and lots of riot cops came and had a showdown with them; grand job, let them fuckin beat the shite out of each other. Since similar things have happened in the past, there had to be around 50 people all night in Ungdomshuset (the autonomous centre here) in case it was attacked. You don't want this in Ireland and the time to make sure it never gets a foothold is now; the work of the AFA is essential.

There are photos somewhere. You may need to ask people in person. Dont think they're going to be posted anywhere. Its interesting to see the 'liberal' left go on about free speech. (All white of course) Im a facist because I stood in Barretts way on the stage??! This has me so fucking pissed off! Ignorant spoilt middle-class fucks!

Blackenedflag..i've seen your house...

Also, it's all well and good saying nazi's should have free speach, the reality is that they're fucking dangerous, i think we all know how easily their xenophobic ideas could catch on in Ireland.

Blackenedflag said:
There are photos somewhere. You may need to ask people in person. Dont think they're going to be posted anywhere. Its interesting to see the 'liberal' left go on about free speech. (All white of course) Im a facist because I stood in Barretts way on the stage??! This has me so fucking pissed off! Ignorant spoilt middle-class fucks!

I'm not sure if that's supposed to refer to me, but if it is it's the first time I've been called 'liberal left'.

The direct result of this courageous stand against fascism is that Barrett was (apparently - I stand open to correction) on Radio 1 (LiveLine I think) today. Therefore, instead of talking to maybe a couple of hundred people at a college debate (and making very little impression), the AFA has graciously ensured that he can broadcast his views to the Nation and play the victim. (And unlike the denizens of Stormfront - who are probably a greater threat to the correct use of the English language than to anyone or anything else - Barrett is actually articulate, media-savvy, and is well able to make use of whatever coverage he gets).

No, I was not refaring to you ElderLemon.

There was no more then 100 people at the 'debate'. Justin Barrett has often been on national radio.

"Blackenedflag..i've seen your house..."

Weeler..your 21 and live with your parents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back