Junk Food (2 Viewers)

Apparently they won't go east of the Nevada Desert in order to maintain high level of quality. I assume they're taking the piss.
wouldn't really class in'n'out as junk food tbh. no freezers, no microwaves etc. proper burger. everything is prepared fresh on site. even the fries are chopped in the kitchen, not shipped in a freezer bag. the cheese is cheese.
they also treat their staff very well, with decent pay, health insurance an pension contributions.
in'n'out shouldn't really even be in this thread.

this shit is so good.
The Hat in L.A.
Pastrami, chili-cheese fries with pickles and tomato.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this shit is so good.
The Hat in L.A.
Pastrami, chili-cheese fries with pickles and tomato.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Before I fully react, how many people is that intended to feed?

Before I fully react, how many people is that intended to feed?
Just one. Unless you're having one of these with it
0626d832df67bca1_m.jpg

then I suppose you could share.

I was afraid you were going to say that. Watching them pile it up I was thinking there was enough food there to feed a medium-sized family. Of course, someone trying to maintain a 90" waistline would probably disagree with me.

It's absolutely nuts. Especially as when I am in the US it's in the bible belt where your chioces are the like of Outback, Aplebees, Ruby Tuesday et al.
It's hard to eat sensibly - you are constantly sucked into the maw of the industrial pablum machine
Dinner is OK because most menus have a "healthy" corner with grilled chicken or some fish and veg.
Lunch though.............. seems to be sold by volume -
"Do you want to go to Soup or Salad"
"Sounds fine"
Enough "salad" to feed a horse and a pint of dressing who's primary ingredient is HFCS later you really really want to just sleep for a day or two.

'all-you-can-eat' soup and salad bars are the best. Apparently muffins, cake and self-serve ice cream are considered soup or salad, too.

*casual racism against americans* lard ass yanks.

Himself is a yank, gives me a free pass ;) Nah, 90" waistlines aren't the exclusive realm of Yanks, there are these Japanese guys, Sumo Wrestlers, they can be pretty big too.

It's absolutely nuts. Especially as when I am in the US it's in the bible belt where your chioces are the like of Outback, Aplebees, Ruby Tuesday et al.
It's hard to eat sensibly - you are constantly sucked into the maw of the industrial pablum machine
Dinner is OK because most menus have a "healthy" corner with grilled chicken or some fish and veg.
Lunch though.............. seems to be sold by volume -
"Do you want to go to Soup or Salad"
"Sounds fine"
Enough "salad" to feed a horse and a pint of dressing who's primary ingredient is HFCS later you really really want to just sleep for a day or two.

When we went to the States last winter I gained so much weight in just two weeks I was convinced that just breathing the air was fattening. Every meal with his family was accompanied by a mound of mashed potato and, now that I think about it, the only other veg I saw for most of the visit was corn. Previous visits Stateside had been to New York, where it seemed to be much easier to eat healthily. Next visit to the In-laws I'll be sticking to the kiddies menu in restaurants.

Last trip to the US I figured it was probably going to be my last in the current job - so I went to all of my favourite restaurants in the town, and didn't hold back - I could feel myself getting heavier as the week progressed.

There was on trip last year sometime where I managed to loose weight, but it meant eating evey night in the same restaurant where I could get either a grilled chicken breast or a grilled piece of salmon with brocolli, and eating lunch every day in TGI friday where they had some prawns on a skewer thing or another grilled chicked fillet with sweet potato something or other.

It was very very boring.

And still pretty unhealty as it's the same industrial crap - just a little less of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back