John Peel Biog (1 Viewer)

it's really great.
the only thing i didn't like was the hint his kids gave in the introduction, that in the course of going through his diaries, as well as finding out loads of amazing things, they found out some stuff they really wish they hadn't, which obviously got left out of the book.
i hope he wasn't being bold

coolest bit is the explanation behind the runner nailed upside to the ceiling of his record room.

dudley said:
it's really great.
the only thing i didn't like was the hint his kids gave in the introduction, that in the course of going through his diaries, as well as finding out loads of amazing things, they found out some stuff they really wish they hadn't, which obviously got left out of the book.
i hope he wasn't being bold

coolest bit is the explanation behind the runner nailed upside to the ceiling of his record room.

Yeah, seen as some of the stuff was quite bold, I wouldn't like to imagine what was left out. The runner story was nice alright, as was the bit about their dog being bridesmaid at the wedding..

Did you ever meet him Dudley, do you mind me asking?

good book, but really loses its way for a while just after he stops writing it and she starts. it kind of felt really matter-of-fact with too much name dropping name dropping for about 100 pages. starts to get better after that with all the stuff about his regular life, which was probably the most interesting part for me..

shitepipe said:
good book, but really loses its way for a while just after he stops writing it and she starts. it kind of felt really matter-of-fact with too much name dropping name dropping for about 100 pages. starts to get better after that with all the stuff about his regular life, which was probably the most interesting part for me..

There was a fair bit of name dropping alright, but I quite like her writing style. It was very personable. I was mildly surprised that he had such a way with the ladies..

I found the first bit extremely yawnsome so put it down. I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point but the stuff about his schooldays etc = zzzz

totally agree. not just boring but very fucking irritating, trying far too hard to be funny. if i'm bored some time i'll try again, but i'm going to jump in sometime around his early twenties.

I found meself laughing along to it quite easily, but it was the same with the show.

His style, I suppose either you enjoy it, or it gets on yer tits.

Funniest thing for me was remembering all the hype about the book in the first place and how he made the odd reference to it on his shows and how he was never going to be able to finish it - yet (me-thinks) if he'd lived longer it probably have ended up as only the first volume. It's a bit rambling. But I like that.

And the story about all the Bay City Rollers fans splurging through the mud being bouncered by the BBC sub-aqua squad trying to get onto the island whilst being addressed by Tony Blackburn in a speedboat driven by a Womble...fucking classic.

(I only wish I'd been a bit older... so that I could have seen REAL LIVE WOMBLES playing venues like older cousins have said they did - and then gone up and seen the a REAL LIVE WOMBLE stinking of cheep beer... urrrrr....fuck off kid - remember I'm a fuckin' 8 Ace womble....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back