dan brown, dan brown, so bad i read it twice (1 Viewer)

I think I was about 15 when I read it and I spent the whole thing thinking that the kid was a prick
hmm. 15 year old Cormcolash being presented as the voice of, what, wisdom? Good judgement?

I was about 18 when I read and I thought he was a prick as well but i'm quite sure I had no idea about anything at that age. It already had such a reputation as a book that you're supposed to like as a teenager that I was all primed to hate it.

I'm definitely gonna read this book again, I think I have a copy knocking about.

I remember an episode of that fondly forgotten sitcom "Coach" where Michael "Dauber" Dybinski , the big dumb guy, caused them all to pause when he referred to Catcher in the Rye as "that book about the whiny prep school kid".

That stupid memory is taking up valuable real estate in my brain to this day.

hmm. 15 year old Cormcolash being presented as the voice of, what, wisdom? Good judgement?
Do you remember that the Irish Times had that thing a while ago where people of various ages blathered on about life in general a bit? I found it depressing that one of their 20-year-olds-of-today was saying pretty much the same things I did when I was 20, probably thinking he is as original a thinker as I thought I was in 1992

Do you remember that the Irish Times had that thing a while ago where people of various ages blathered on about life in general a bit? I found it depressing that one of their 20-year-olds-of-today was saying pretty much the same things I did when I was 20, probably thinking he is as original a thinker as I thought I was in 1992
Well if it was a 20 year old calling for a better world then i'm still with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back