Joanna Newsom played the Sugar Club in 2004 (1 Viewer)

Well I'll be with Mark, who is very tall, and my wife, who is very good looking, and I am now walking with a pronounced limp, due to bollixing up my knee. It should be easy to pick us out.

He's very handsome
@scutter?
sylvester-stallone-cobra-sunglasses.png

Don't see handsome @scutter anywhere. Support act was dreary, James Taylor shit but the crowd lapped him up. He's one of Fleet Foxes, right? Wouldn't be massively into them but remember them being better than that. Maybe he needs shed loads of reverb to sound good.

Also, tiny Olympia seats for tiny Edwardian people need to fuck off.

Copied from my FB due to laziness:
Unbelievable concert. I've been having a pretty shitty week and nearly didn't go tonight. It was joyous and a much needed balm for the soul. The new album was wonderful but highlights were "Peach Plum Pear" followed by "Cosmia" and a solo encore of "Sawdust and Diamonds".

I know it's only tiny, but On A Good Day was a highlight for me.

Monkey and Bear too. Actually, she did play that right?

The band was superb

she did play it Jim. It was the highlight for me.

This was a better show than the one I saw in October. The extra violin made such a difference. The setlist was slightly different too. She didn't play 'On a Good Day' or 'Sawdust and Diamonds' in that show (but did play' Emily' and 'Soft as Chalk' (both of which I'd love to have heard again - no matter)).

Joanna Newsom shows are like an out-of-body experience. I was exhausted after it!

Shortly after 'Have One on Me' came out I remember a video of Pecknold singing 'on a good day' doing the rounds. Didn't think must of it to be honest, but it sounded great last night.

Shes back over in europe in the summer. Must have a look and see where she's playing (other than that EOTR festival)

Last edited:
I know it's only tiny, but On A Good Day was a highlight for me.

Monkey and Bear too. Actually, she did play that right?

The band was superb
Yes to every point you've just made.

This was a better show than the one I saw in October. The extra violin made such a difference. The setlist was slightly different too. She didn't play 'On a Good Day' or 'Sawdust and Diamonds' in that show (but did play' Emily' and 'Soft as Chalk' (both of which I'd love to have heard again - no matter)
I've seen her three times now and she's never played "Emily", I'm so jealous as that and "Only Skin" are my favourite songs of hers (which I've also never heard live).

Yes to every point you've just made.

I've seen her three times now and she's never played "Emily", I'm so jealous as that and "Only Skin" are my favourite songs of hers (which I've also never heard live).
Unfortunately I doubt she'll never play Only Skin again, because of Mr.Callahan (btw, I was surprised she played 'In California' - such an emotive tune - it even makes me hate Callahan, whom I normally love).

She did play it at her Olympia show just after Ys. She played 'Emily' at that show, and at the Marlay Pk show. I can't recall if she played it in the Grand Canal theatre. Probably not.

Unfortunately I doubt she'll never play Only Skin again, because of Mr.Callahan (btw, I was surprised she played 'In California' - such an emotive tune - it even makes me hate Callahan, whom I normally love).

She did play it at her Olympia show just after Ys. She played 'Emily' at that show, and at the Marlay Pk show. I can't recall if she played it in the Grand Canal theatre. Probably not.
I don't remember it at Marlay Park and didn't know she played here for Ys, pretty sure I was on the hunt for her gigs at that time as I was obsessed with the album when it came out. I had only missed the apocryphal Sugar Club gig by a few weeks or something when I got the first album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back