Jaysus cycling! (13 Viewers)

cycle up on the path

unfortunately, the cycle path there is *on* the path, which is what now has a surface akin to that of the moon and/or is full of pedestrians trying to avoid the craters. and i'm not down with cycling on the path generally, either as a cyclist or a pedestrian.

might try the route through the park and commune with nature (daffodils, birds, winos) though it'll end up being slightly longer.

cycle paths in this city are a sad joke: discuss

the cycle lane from booterstown via merrion gates up to st vincents is appalling. the road had been dug up yet again, but when relaid it seems they made no effort to steamroll it, so there's a good 1k stretch that's as bumpy as hell and over the past few months has damaged my bike no end, i reckon. had to get three broken spokes replaces this weekend as a result.

who's responsible for road maintenance there? the council or whoever did the digging?

the cycle lane from booterstown via merrion gates up to st vincents is appalling. the road had been dug up yet again, but when relaid it seems they made no effort to steamroll it, so there's a good 1k stretch that's as bumpy as hell and over the past few months has damaged my bike no end, i reckon. had to get three broken spokes replaces this weekend as a result.

who's responsible for road maintenance there? the council or whoever did the digging?

I have to cycle that route every morning and i'm forced to use the bus lane.

Theres no real alternative either. The cycle lane on the stillorgan road is completely fucked. Its full of potholes and is routed through bus stops and undulating driveways.

I have to cycle that route every morning and i'm forced to use the bus lane.
I had a bus go apeshit on me for doing that.
Screaming at me to fuck off back to my cycle lane, and then overtook me, and then turned back in on me and tried to squash me.
As I was jumping sideways onto the cycle lane the bus was hitting my arm.
It was terrifying.
It does take a real man to drive a bus into a cyclist though.

I had a bus go apeshit on me for doing that.
Screaming at me to fuck off back to my cycle lane, and then overtook me, and then turned back in on me and tried to squash me.
As I was jumping sideways onto the cycle lane the bus was hitting my arm.
It was terrifying.
It does take a real man to drive a bus into a cyclist though.

I wear a black ski mask when I bike.

Most motorists tend to back the fuck off.

I wear a black ski mask when I bike.

Most motorists tend to back the fuck off.

I find the snot accumulation to be an issue with the old ski mask business.
Although, I do wear one of those nose/chin/neck warmers on the bike in the winter, basically the same thing minus the intimidation I suppose.

You have fire that puppy into the wash on regular occasions though.

I just use a scarf and wrap it round my neck and jaw.

I always need to blow my nose during cycling whatever the weather. In fact any kind of physical exertion causes it. I have to put tissues in my bag every time i get on the bike. Its a real pain in the hole.

Anyone get else this?

I always need to blow my nose during cycling whatever the weather. In fact any kind of physical exertion causes it. I have to put tissues in my bag every time i get on the bike. Its a real pain in the hole.

Anyone get else this?

if you wore a mask (spiderman or ski) you could just sellotape some tissues to your face every morning before you leave

that way you could blow away til your hearts content

might need goggles imho..

I've never seen a pair of cycling glasses/goggles that don't look mega gay.

underneath a mask it wont matter..

oh just thought of this too

for indicating left or right turns get a set of these

product1_8501.jpg

drivers will always be sure which way you're indicating!

Anyone get else this?

You have to learn to master snot rocketry Lefty.
You know you have become one with the snot rocket when you can lean over, and do a quick one two hand clamping on the nostrils, timing the snuffs so they both occur in the same breath.

aaaahSNUUH-SNUUHahh....splat-splat.

it's worth reporting it to the council roads division anyway, so that whoever's unlucky enough to have an accident on it can successfully make an insurance claim.

jaysus count, march 3rd:

hit by taxi turning across me, who then kept turning and sped off while i shouted after it: 1 (9am, ranelagh bridge)
gobbed on by mucusy pedestrian: 1 (6.40pm, camden street)

Any hassle with a taxi get the badge number and report them. They get brought up by the carriage office every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back