Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

further to previous grumblings, i've been using the cycle path through the park in fairview and (apart from the small unpaved bit) it's way nicer than the one along the footpath outside it and not much longer. also i get to see the local winos flourishing among the daffodils.

i had my first "raaarrrr, i can do this forever" cycling moment on wednesday - i had to cycle home from the far side of donnybrook to marino, went along the coast where there are feck-all traffic lights so i basically only had to stop twice for the whole thing. by the time i got home i was nearly "fuck this going home business, i'm off to howth", before i realized that it was a)late and i was b)hungry. this is the first step to buying weird cycling attire and having conversations about carbon frames, isn't it?[/worried]

further to previous grumblings, i've been using the cycle path through the park in fairview and (apart from the small unpaved bit) it's way nicer than the one along the footpath outside it and not much longer. also i get to see the local winos flourishing among the daffodils.

i had my first "raaarrrr, i can do this forever" cycling moment on wednesday - i had to cycle home from the far side of donnybrook to marino, went along the coast where there are feck-all traffic lights so i basically only had to stop twice for the whole thing. by the time i got home i was nearly "fuck this going home business, i'm off to howth", before i realized that it was a)late and i was b)hungry. this is the first step to buying weird cycling attire and having conversations about carbon frames, isn't it?[/worried]

you'll be shaving your legs next!

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/...-14792?source=newsletter&attr=road/2008/03/06

Got a buckle on the merrion gates stretch of road this morning. I should send the repair bill to dublin council but i probably won't.

Picking up that Sunn bike this evening.

nice. Saw a lad on one this morning. Looked good.

Yeah i just decided to bite the bullet and get it.

I was going round in circles looking at giants and treks and i was quickly moving into the 4 figure price range which really wasn't my intention.

This is the one:

http://www.sunnbicycle.com/en/collection/2008/Route/MOTIVE NEO

I know there's better bikes and parts out there but at this moment in time its the right price and its seems ideal for my needs. €599

I suppose I can always blow silly money on a savage bike in 2 or 3 years if i'm still cycling loads.

Yeah i just decided to bite the bullet and get it.

I was going round in circles looking at giants and treks and i was quickly moving into the 4 figure price range which really wasn't my intention.

This is the one:

http://www.sunnbicycle.com/en/collection/2008/Route/MOTIVE NEO

I know there's better bikes and parts out there but at this moment in time its the right price and its seems ideal for my needs. €599

I suppose I can always blow silly money on a savage bike in 2 or 3 years if i'm still cycling loads.

that looks class.

Weight: 9.75 kg

fuxache. You'll be floating along on that.

theres lots worse things you could fork out that kind of cash on.

happy cycling.

The bike rack in Cabbo.

Is that still going?
Deadly. I know your man that owns that place.
It seems like a grand sort of a bike alright.

Have you looked at a couple of Giants etc at a similar price range and preferred that one, or just saw that one and liked it?
The lad out of The Bike Rack was always very sound with me.
I presume its no longer a shipping container in a car park with a wooden sign hanging off the side of it with a bit of wire?

haha it hasn't changed a bit. I live near the place so its handy.

Which guy owns the place?

I forget his name. skinny guy, dark (curly-ish) hair. He was the only lad there when I was shopping there. He's not that old. Probably about 40 something by now.
(He had some link with the club I rode for, so I knew him that way, through the lads in the club.)

So, you're telling me, he's still in a shipping container, full of bikes, and now he has a couple of lads working for him?

Amazing.

I forget his name. skinny guy, dark (curly-ish) hair. He was the only lad there when I was shopping there. He's not that old. Probably about 40 something by now.

So, you're telling me, he's still in a shipping container, full of bikes, and now he has a couple of lads working for him?

Amazing.

Thats Dave English i think. He also owns Stillorgan Cycles as far as i know.

I had a bad experience a few years back with an obnoxious jerk who doesn't seem to work there anymore but other than that their repair work is always spot on and good value. I priced checked the Sunn bike and 599 is the rrp in France so thats good enough for me.

The extras are another 2 ton buh.

He had a slightly mullety look in the late 80's early 90's. A bit like Gerry Ryan used to have.

exactly.

Here, tell him you are thinking about joining Sorento CC, to go out with the touring group on Sunday morning. He might throw some stuff, or knock a couple of quid off the bike.

I loved going out with Sorrento during the winter. They would meet up at the Sallynoggin roundabout at 8.30. You get some great spins in. Cure girls in that club too.
Gwan Lefty. Go out with those lads with your knew bike.
You'd be an animal in a few months.

Go out with the TOURERs though. Not the racing boys.
If the likes of Willie Byrne, and Dave Peelo are setting the pace for the group, you'll last about 8 minutes.

exactly.

Here, tell him you are thinking about joining Sorento CC, to go out with the touring group on Sunday morning. He might throw some stuff, or knock a couple of quid off the bike.

I loved going out with Sorrento during the winter. They would meet up at the Sallynoggin roundabout at 8.30. You get some great spins in. Cure girls in that club too.
Gwan Lefty. Go out with those lads with your knew bike.
You'd be an animal in a few months.

Go out with the TOURERs though. Not the racing boys.
If the likes of Willie Byrne, and Dave Peelo are setting the pace for the group, you'll last about 8 minutes.

So what kind of touring routes are we talking here? I was thinking of going out for a 20 miler this weekend weather permitting to christen the new bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back