Jaysus cycling! (1 Viewer)

Sally Gap

nothing less

take yer pick which side you wanna approach it from

Sally Gap if its a shitty day.
They would throw in a pre emptive Wicklow gap if they are feeling frisky that morning.

Ah no. I mean, it depends. Its march now, they might have done the very handy spins. I dont know really. I would depend on the group that turned up on the day.
Sometimes if a load of people turn up, they can split off two groups.
Dave English might actually know himself.

Suffices to say though you would want to be hanging out in the girls and children's group for the time being.

I normally went out with the racing group. Around this time of the year they would be doing 60-80 milers (plus or minus 10) saturday and sunday.
Jesus. You'd know you'd been out on a spin coming in off the road from those guys.

I'd be sitting in from grim death on some hill, and we'd be going past people like a fucking train. They'd hear something, look over their shoulder, "ahh, how's it..." gone.

I'd give them a pleading look over my shoulder as the vanished out of sight while thinking, jesus, that looks like a lovely group to ride up this hill in.

I don't think i'd know how to get there. If i'm comin from Dun Laoghaire do i just take the N11 and take and turn off around greystones?

Ah now, in fairness lefty, you'd probably want to stay away from cycling up Sally Gap for the time being.

You might die.

Get the old miles into the legs a bit first like.

I don't think i'd know how to get there. If i'm comin from Dun Laoghaire do i just take the N11 and take and turn off around greystones?

thats one way, over towards enniskerry, then up to Glencree and hit it that way.

or else swing around to roundwood, over to laragh via annamoe (daniel day lewis' gaff), and take that slope (thats the longest one but its not that steep - I reckon with the wind direction, thats probably the best one to do - its 19km from bottom to top), then you have your choice of descents. Either over to Glencree and descend to Enniskerry and back to the N11, or back down towards rounwood (via either Djouce or Laragh).

It'll be a shitty day.

I'll be up there regardless.

gimmie a wave.

and mind out for the dead frogs. Thousands of the bastards on the road last saturday morning

thats one way, over towards enniskerry, then up to Glencree and hit it that way.

or else swing around to roundwood, over to laragh via annamoe (daniel day lewis' gaff), and take that slope (thats the longest one but its not that steep - I reckon with the wind direction, thats probably the best one to do - its 19km from bottom to top), then you have your choice of descents. Either over to Glencree and descend to Enniskerry and back to the N11, or back down towards rounwood (via either Djouce or Laragh).

It'll be a shitty day.

I'll be up there regardless.

gimmie a wave.

and mind out for the dead frogs. Thousands of the bastards on the road last saturday morning

I like going up through Kilternan, Enniskerry, turn up the start of Long Hill and then nip off up towards Ballinagee, up past Ballylerane (?) and then turn left on the road up The Sally Gap.
Then you can see how you feel, and head out to Laragh and on to Rathdrum or loop back through Annamoe, or cut straight over to Luggala or whatever.

Man.
I miss Wicklah.

Thanks chaps.

I think i'll invest in a discovery series this evening.

Ah now, in fairness lefty, you'd probably want to stay away from cycling up Sally Gap for the time being.

You might die.

Get the old miles into the legs a bit first like.

I hear ya but my daily commute is 15 odd miles so if i can't do it now i never will.

I used to work with a Dave Peelo.

The end.
I was sent off up a hill in a race to chase some lad down who had ridden off the front of the pack because Dave Peelo didn't want him putting a break in.
Dave got on my wheel, and said "ride".

And I nearly fucking died.
By the top of the hill, I had caught your man, and dragged the pack back onto his wheel, but that was my race over.
I was worried that I might not be able cycle home I was so bollixed.

He is a really nice guy though.
He's an accountant or something by day? Something really boring I remember anyway.

I met his sister out on the roads a few times. She's cool too.

the one i worked with was in admin in ucd. hmm.
peelo1.jpg

?

So what kind of touring routes are we talking here? I was thinking of going out for a 20 miler this weekend weather permitting to christen the new bitch.
when i got my road bike, a mate of mine agreed to meet me at the north circular road gate of the phoenix park, to go for a 20 mile spin with a few of his mates. when i got there, he apologised that the usual crew weren't turning up, so we were tagging along with a group training for the ras. instead of the easy 20 miles i was expecting, we put in 67. i had no food with me, i had to share theirs.

when i got my road bike, a mate of mine agreed to meet me at the north circular road gate of the phoenix park, to go for a 20 mile spin with a few of his mates. when i got there, he apologised that the usual crew weren't turning up, so we were tagging along with a group training for the ras. instead of the easy 20 miles i was expecting, we put in 67. i had no food with me, i had to share theirs.

Jesus...sounds like that film Alive.

^ Lets go.

I just got the bike and its only savage. The handlebar height is a lot lower that i'm used to but i was expecting that. That's to go faster wha? The guy in the shop said they can swap one of handlebar parts to increase the height should it be a problem.

Its light as a feather and mega twitchy compared to my old bike so its gonna take a bit of getting used to. Delighted with it overall.

Anyone wanna race?

i mmust warn you my record is flawless

no wins

i do recall one day me and a group of friends decided to have a series of races agaiunst each other, though it was through an obstacle course where we had to swerve inside and out of goal posts and esb poles. quite and around gardens, kind of like a cyclo cross race with the obstacles

i showed a very good sprint, amking up aslot of ground in the sprint and everyone else at the end. sadlky after all the obstacles i was so far behind, it didn't really matter

Good for you lefty, good for you. Looks nice.
And really, I only got the SCR because it the initials stand for Seán C******'s Rothar.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:
Jesus, learn to cycle classic seanc

Well done, that's very clever. I have no retort :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/mar/09/green

Do any of you lot ride fixers?

State of that article. "Fixies." Fixers lads. Fixers.

There is load of lads in NYC that are on them though. I never owned one myself.

i would like to use a converted fixer on the road but not a full one. . im not a fan of going out cycling without brakes. the gears i can live without

infact the only time i change gears is by accident :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back