Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

Were you cycling the scr around town?

Not while I was working no. Though I did take it out over the weekends. I'm "A little bomber on that yoke", according to a mate who's van I raced. He reckoned I was doing 50kph on the flat when he passed me.

Though, I should have asked him why, if I was near or past the speed limit, did he think it was safe to overtake me. Is it because I DON'T COUNT AS A ROAD USER????

Anyway, how's your yoke doing?

edit: 50kph with a tail wind, btw.

Told ya you'd be grand.

Much better, aren't they?
Yeah, I got used to them in about 5 minutes. They’re grand.
I prob won’t be commuting in them though. It takes me ten minutes to get down the stairs with those shoes on, which negates any power or speed benefit.

Not while I was working no. Though I did take it out over the weekends. I'm "A little bomber on that yoke", according to a mate who's van I raced. He reckoned I was doing 50kph on the flat when he passed me.

Though, I should have asked him why, if I was near or past the speed limit, did he think it was safe to overtake me. Is it because I DON'T COUNT AS A ROAD USER????

Anyway, how's your yoke doing?

50k is some speed. You sound like you're ready for the Wicklow 200.

Mine is goin great. Bar the last few days the weather has been lousy since i got it so i havent been able to go on a decent spin yet just the work commute.

I got the handlebar stem swapped so i'm not quite as hunched and its well comfortable now.

50k is some speed. You sound like you're ready for the Wicklow 200.

here, are you riding the Wicklow 200?
A mate of mine is taking a few yanks over there to ride that I think. He was seeing if I could go over with him. I'm Skint though.

Good rider so he is. Or at least was in his day a few years ago.

Ah god no. I'm about as race fit as compo from Last of the Summer Wine.

Is there a Wickow 10?

FREE THE WICKLOW TEN

It used to say that on that wall near Glen of the Downs.

(well it didn't but I thought it'd be kinda funny if I pretended it did)

200kms. That's 120 something miles. A solid days riding alright.

There is a Wicklow 100. 60 odd miles. Well within your bailiwick Lefty.

I'll be doing no Wicklow 200 just yet. I can do short high energy bursts I guess, but I've zero stamina. Something to do with the Tae Kwon Do I'm sure.

I did it last year. Will be doing it this year too. Its grand. Tough, but grand.

I did the 100 the year before. I'd recommend it as a starting point. Its not too tough. I did the route last saturday. Tough enough, but well manageable.

Go for it people. Set your sights high

I did it last year. Will be doing it this year too. Its grand. Tough, but grand.

I did the 100 the year before. I'd recommend it as a starting point. Its not too tough. I did the route last saturday. Tough enough, but well manageable.

Go for it people. Set your sights high
my mates not doing it after all

boillix. I was going to get him to courier a race bike to the US for me.

flashback, bikes are hardly cheaper over here? I know cycling clothing tends to be a bit dearer here than there. I thought bikes themselves though were dearer here?

oh yeah, bikes are cheaper here.
but I left a few bikes in the old mans house, one or two of them are good. I just need one of them brought over.
Right now I cant afford to buy anything, what with paying for a gaff etc.

You should do it. I havent done the 100, but they are dead sound on it. Everyone is just having chats and things. No big deal at all.

Unless you get blown and rained off Slieve Maan. It can get a bit quiet then.

theres nothing remotely as hard as Slieve Maan on the 100. The 100 is fairly leisurely. There'll be chats galore.

Especially if you're living in Ballycullen. Get out and explore them hills. If you can do Killakee you can do anything.

theres nothing remotely as hard as Slieve Maan on the 100. The 100 is fairly leisurely. There'll be chats galore.

Especially if you're living in Ballycullen. Get out and explore them hills. If you can do Killakee you can do anything.

ah yeh been doing kilakee for years just not so much lately so ill have to get back into the hills. Buying me a new bike soon so it ll be a good excuse :)

think im gonna go for this
maybe the 200kms will be a better target, my da did it a couple of times so i cant let him have that over me

4405101.jpg

• Frame: T700 carbon composite, Compact Road Design
  • Fork: T700 carbon composite
  • Handlebars: RaceFace Cadence Road Anatomic
  • Stem: RaceFace Cadence Road ahead
  • Seatpost: GIANT C7 carbon composite
  • Saddle: Fizi:k Arione, manganese rails
  • Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 20 speed STI
  • Front mech: Shimano Ultegra
  • Rear mech: Shimano Ultegra
  • Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
  • Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12-25
  • Chain: Shimano Ultegra
  • Cranks: Shimano Ultegra Hollowtech II 39/53
  • Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra Hollowtech II
  • Wheels: Mavic Aksium
  • Tyres: Michelin Pro Race 3 700x23mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back