Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

I'm quiet aware of that, but would you not say "twenty two inch wheel" or whatever as shorthand.

No one has ever asked me to get a length of 45mm x 19mm timber like.

No because I worked in a bike workshop for a year and we needed to know what size things actually were. The last time I had to buy one I was actually on the european mainlaind and it was for someone who was travelling by a train that wouldn't arrive in time for them to buy it themselves, so it was gonna have to be the actual ISO number because we were fucked if it didn't fit because of some barleycorn shit.

No because I worked in a bike workshop for a year and we needed to know what size things actually were. The last time I had to buy one I was actually on the european mainlaind and it was for someone who was travelling by a train that wouldn't arrive in time for them to buy it themselves, so it was gonna have to be the actual ISO number because we were fucked if it didn't fit because of some barleycorn shit.

I've always respected you from afar, and I respect you more now.

Do people really care about weights and measures this hard?

I thought it was only the Brexiters that gave a shit?

Anyways
Anyone here ever buy a top tube/crossbar pack they really like?

Thinking of this one

would probably prefer a bolt-on one if I had my druthers, not sure why

Anyone here ever buy a top tube/crossbar pack they really like?

I've only ever owned two

the first one was a budget one (possibly m-wave) and it self destructed really fast.

I have this one for years now. I have never once used the cable access yoke since i got it, but it works 100% as it did when i bought it and thats probably 5-6 years. I use it for tools rather than food though

what's the bag for? i've always gotten away with pockets, saddlebag or 'fake' bottle for rides lasting a few hours.

In my case its a bike mutitool and most of the puncture stuff - If i'm on a long run I'll have two water bottles. my bike is a bit of a home from home type setup though rather than just out on a road bike for a spin.
I ws thinking about it today though and i think i need swap it out for a longer under tube one because the pump and spare tube are always living in my metropolitan looking manbag

I usually carry food in the pockets of my jersey - I'd usually stop for food once per hour. I usually take two or more bananas, I like food where you can discard the wrappers without littering. Multitool and tubes etc in a saddle bag, and I use mini pumps that clip to the frame.

I usually carry food in the pockets of my jersey - I'd usually stop for food once per hour. I usually take two or more bananas, I like food where you can discard the wrappers without littering. Multitool and tubes etc in a saddle bag, and I use mini pumps that clip to the frame.
Thinking of the IronMan races also
The 4th discipline is eating

In my case its a bike mutitool and most of the puncture stuff - If i'm on a long run I'll have two water bottles. my bike is a bit of a home from home type setup though rather than just out on a road bike for a spin.
I ws thinking about it today though and i think i need swap it out for a longer under tube one because the pump and spare tube are always living in my metropolitan looking manbag

I have the same front light.

27" x 1 1/4"

Everyone knows that :)

I think it's 700mm in euros
27 * 1 1/4 tyres aren't exchangeable for 700c tyres, in case that was being implied here. That might end up costing you.

I forget which one is bigger, but you can't swap sizes. What you normally can do is put a 700c wheel onto a frame that is built for 27 inch wheels. But, we'd never swap them. You'd find the correct size.

27 * 1 1/4 tyres aren't exchangeable for 700c tyres, in case that was being implied here. That might end up costing you.

I forget which one is bigger, but you can't swap sizes. What you normally can do is put a 700c wheel onto a frame that is built for 27 inch wheels. But, we'd never swap them. You'd find the correct size.
I appreciate the answer
But I don't care about these things

If someone tells me they biked or rode "30" my first reply will be to understand better what distance they actually did so I can engage better with them.

My tyres have never fallen off, so I must be doing something right.

Riding on the hoods
So maybe I will make the adjustment to it

But at a certain point I don't see what I'm getting from hoods over the flat bars that I love.

It seems like everyone has agreed these bars are best - and cycling has this relentless pursuit of perfection to the nth degree of conformity on everything that seems joyless to me.

It was my choice to listen to all these people, so it's totally on me.
Just wish I liked this thing more, that I just spent €3,000 on.

I love the saddle. It's amazing my two butt bones sit on it perfectly. Fuck a Brooks.
I was reminded today why the drops can be good. 35km/h headwinds...

35km/h headwinds

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back