Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

Wednesday: apolcalyptic storm
Thursday: almost freezing temperature, storm force wind, sleet/snow
Friday: Storm force wind, torrential rain

Thats my cycles home the past 3 days (fridays not done yet but thats whats expected). Pretty unforgettable few days.

Who has the right of way here? Pedestrian or cyclist? Neither?

Flashing green pedestrian light coupled with a flashing orange main traffic light.
sounds like a messed up junction. Probably the pedestrian though, if you think of it in terms of who will have liability forced on them were an accident to happen.

sounds like a messed up junction. Probably the pedestrian though, if you think of it in terms of who will have liability forced on them were an accident to happen.

It's the one on George's Street between the Euro Shop and Exchequer St.

I thought I (the Pedestrian) had the right of way as long as my green light was flashing. If I was in a car or on a bike, I thought a flashing orange light at a pedestrian crossing means stop, unless there are no pedestrians.

I was crossing and just shook my head/ tutted as the cyclist sailed through, and he turned his head back and said "you were breaking the lights man".

Nobody died in fairness

It's the one on George's Street between the Euro Shop and Exchequer St.

I thought I (the Pedestrian) had the right of way as long as my green light was flashing. If I was in a car or on a bike, I thought a flashing orange light at a pedestrian crossing means stop, unless there are no pedestrians.

I was crossing and just shook my head/ tutted as the cyclist sailed through, and he turned his head back and said "you were breaking the lights man".

Nobody died in fairness
well technically he was right, and also wrong, and also an asshole. Flashing pedestrian means continue crossing if you've started, but don't start if you haven't. Flashing yellow on the main lights means stop unless its safe to do so.

Fuck lights.

It's a jungle out there, cars don't give a fuck, pedestrians neither. As a cyclist my job is to be seen. If they can see me they are less likely to hit me. If they are pissed off, it means the can see me.

Going through a safe red light is better than a green that some fucker has ignored because he's on his phone.

Flashing yellow on the main lights means stop unless its safe to do so.
a yellow light means stop unless it is dangerous to do so.
flashing yellow typically means a crossing ahead, though it's usually reserved for zebra crossings. bit pointless having a somewhat ambiguous signal like this on george's street.

serious morto moment on the way home. Mudguard (thats been loose for a couple of months) gets wedged between the tyre and the frame and I fly out over the handlebars. Right beside a full 15C bus. Just waiting for someone to stick it up on youtube now!

glad your ok, scutter :)
cheers lads, and feel free to let fly. If someone told me they did what I did I'd give it to them with both barrels.

Ribs are sore and my leg is a bit scraped and bruised. Amazingly thats it though.

Bike is in shite though. Will probably need both new front and back shifters and cables (I was riding a flat-bar hybris and came down on both shifters somehow) as well as the long overdue new mudguards.

Its mad. The last couple of crashes I had I came out of it really badly and the bike barely had a scratch. This time its the other way around. Probably a Ph.d study in that for someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back