Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

This wind has been amazing. Cycle to work is all down hill with the wind coming behind me. Nearly coasted the whole way here today and yesterday! Going home is a different matter......

I've finally got around to buying a new bike. Am thinking of getting this. The only size they have it in is xl, I'm 6". It felt ok when i had a shot of it around the car park, should i be worried about it being too big? Any opinions on these bikes?

I've finally got around to buying a new bike. Am thinking of getting this. The only size they have it in is xl, I'm 6". It felt ok when i had a shot of it around the car park, should i be worried about it being too big? Any opinions on these bikes?

Focus are deadly. I have a racer by them. Its one of their lower-end jobs but I love it. They go to the very top-end, like with bikes in the tour de france top-end, so have no fear over the make.

as regards the size, it depends what XL is in terms of inches. If it felt ok I'm sure its ok. I'd bounce it off the lads in the shop and see what they think. Normally I wouldn't be overly worried though. You can always get a shorter stem, drop the saddle, etc, so unless you're buying something gi-normous, I can't see there being too many problems.

I've been getting a lot of road rage cycling to and from work recently. Someone hit me with their mirror the other day too. I think I need a different job.

You can't win. If you obey the rules of the road cars get mad at you for getting in their fucking way. If you break a red light to get a bit ahead and get out of their way (to, say, change lanes without having to stop 20 cars behind you) they go mad at you for breaking the rules. Fucking ignorant cyclist.

Anyway, everyone involved gets all riled up and self righteous, great fun. I love when broadsheet.ie have a cycling post, comments explode.

Fuck people in cars, they have a big car to protect them all we have is a helmet.. Keep extremely vigilant for pedestrians at all times though, they're an unpredictable breed. My favourite is the walking walking across the road backwards looking the wrong way trick, then freaking out at me.

I've offended a fair few people I know by not noticing them when they're right in front of me. When I'm on the bike I don't recognise anyone, all I see are humans and cars who want to murder me.

Speaking of new bikes and all that, think I'm finished building my new work bike:

294014_10150288438871741_617881740_8285511_397165163_n.jpg

Randoneurs are the way forward for tyres, I'm sure I was raving about them on here before. On Track on Cook St have them for 20 quid a piece so can't go wrong there. I'm using 28s at the moment but might go 32 for the next pair/new chain (couldn't fit 32 on the back with the chain length as is and no doubt will need a new chain before I need tyres again).

The cable isn't exactly straight down but it is very short and there's lovely action on the lever like this.

Also, Christ on a bike, for real

These guys are just down the road from me
http://holyspokesboston.com/

Michael the founder of Holy Spokes Boston started this shop with a focus on 3 main objectives; To Honor God in all he does, Love his neighbors by making a positive impact with the Locals, and contribute to making a Green imprint

they'll be doing well to find a verse from the bible that mentions bikes

Au contraire

Isaiah 11:10 said:
In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will Raleigh to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.

i tried the 'move' cycling app on android today. its probably not all that useful but remotely entertaining, i might need to read the manual, but just getting distance and average speed was interesting enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back