Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

48 km/h average over the last 35ks of the first race I finished in the leading group (100 ks in total).

When I watched lads get out of the saddle to sprint it out after that gallop, I realised that racing bikes was not for me.

I hate that helpless feeling when you're on the ground not sure what's hurt or whether you're going to get hit by a car or whatever.

or where you're ploughing headlong into a car, bracing yourself for the impact, and feeling completely helpless to stop it.

happened me this morning. Some cunt in a mini-convertible turning right through a gap in the traffic into Rathdown motors there in Terenure. Miraculously I missed her, by mere centimeters, and kept control of the bike. My brakes are shit at the moment but I tightened whats left of them a couple of days ago. Good job, or I'd probably be in hospital nursing a broken leg or similar.

Fucking cunt. Didn't even see me, and then completely oblivious to the whole thing after. I resisted temptation to follow her into the garage and bollock her out of it, even though rightly annoyed I was.

anyway, its done now and I got away with it. Scary shit. They need to get rid of those yellow boxes that allow people turn right through traffic. They're lethal for cyclists coming up the inside, especially if theres a bus or van in front of you and oncoming traffic can't see you.

Got me some fingerless gloves and a wee under saddle toolbag in aldi yesterday. Tempted by the computer but hmmm.

I went up the mountains finally. Well, the hills really.

Fuck me it's hard work...practically crawling up the hills, and I got lost as well.
I was just about to give up when I turned and saw the entirety of Dublin below me, brilliant it was.

And then the way home was great. "WEEEEEEEEEE!" i said.

I got a bunch of Aldi stuff, the underpants work well.

HOWEVER, I somehow managed to get ladies bib shorts, so I don't know what to do with those.
If anyone wants them PM me. Yiz can get me a pint or something.

right i've decided to not purchase a new road bike as i think this is what we will be seeing in races on the continent in the near future

http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/index.php

so last week.

Now you're talking :

walking-bike-max-knight-1.jpg

none of the Schlecks in the CSC team for the Giro.

definitely worth punting on one or both of them for the big one in July. I reckon Andy myself personally. I wonder what kind of odds you'd get.

also cunego isn't riding, making the tour a priority.

Astana have been given a last minute invite to the giro so apparently Contador will be there with leipheimer and kloden

Lots of TT's though but he could take alot of time in the mountains and this being the only time to shine apart from the vuelta they ll have to go for it

Astana have been given a last minute invite to the giro so apparently Contador will be there with leipheimer and kloden

yes, the organisers withdrew the entry to NGC medical-OTC team in order to allow Astana into it. must be heartbreaking for the NGC riders. one week away from the giro and have their wildcard withdrawn with it not being their own fault

yep, its tailor made for Levi. The letleviride.com crew are gonna love this!!

410684.jpg

468x60safe.jpg

this is the work safe version :D

yes, the organisers withdrew the entry to NGC medical-OTC team in order to allow Astana into it. must be heartbreaking for the NGC riders. one week away from the giro and have their wildcard withdrawn with it not being their own fault

468x60safe.jpg

this is the work safe version :D

thats a pretty shit thing of them to do. And chances are Astana will be gone by the end of the race through some controversy or other. Well their staying power hasn't been all that these past few times!!

class banner. I hadn't seen that :)

Anyone know if theres any of those pumps left in ALDI? My local one didn't have any left yesterday.

Could anyone recommend an alternative? Fuck hand pumps.

I leaned off the edge of my tyre last night...

I was coming around a bend, I had it leaned over a bit, and the front tyre just let got, fairly fast, and I slid sideways about a meter. I eased up the lean angle, and the front end got itself together, the slide stopped and I was alright.

It would have been very sticky had I gone down. I would have landed on my elbow because I was sort of hanging off the bike, and there was traffic all over the shop.

I think this is a thing that bikers do, as in motorcyclists. The only other person I know that rode off the edge of their tyres is a biker. When I started driving bikes the hard thing to get over was really leaning bikes into corners. I wouldn't be putting my knee down, but I would be scraping pegs off the ground now and again.

When I got back on the bicycle my cornering was better, I didnt think about it that much, I never really thought I was doing mad lean angles on the push bike, but when I leaving the bike in the rack this morning I realised that all those crazy scuffing marks along the wall of the tyre tend not to be on anyone else's bike.
I have basically worn out the walls of the tyre, but the center of tyre is fine.

I feel weird now. It seems I have been riding out on the ragged edge for ages without realising it.

Its all very unnerving so it is.

mad, since reading this thread, my attitude to cycling
has totally changed. for the worse/better? I don't think i like being so aware of the craziness that is city cycling. I'm just that little bit too jumpy of late.

So whats the deal with tyre pressure?

My tyres say 150~psi max but what about the tube? I bought a track pump yesterday which is in the post.

Whats the best psi for racing tyres?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back