Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

Whats everyones opinion of cycling after afew scoops?

I had a 3 or 4 in town on Saturday afternoon and then decided to call into work to pick up my bike and cycle back to Dun Laoghaire. Am i foolish?

I had a 3 or 4 in town on Saturday afternoon and then decided to call into work to pick up my bike and cycle back to Dun Laoghaire. Am i foolish?

i am a hypocrite on this. I wouldn;t condone it but I have done it on many occasions.

the last time i was cycling home through town high-5ing all the people sticking their hands out for taxis...:eek:

It's shit that there is no options for cyclists bringing their bike on any of our public transport - although I have brought my bike home in a big taxi dozens of times.

i am a hypocrite on this. I wouldn;t condone it but I have done it on many occasions.

You can get fierce dehydrated. I had to stop at that pub opposite Vincents to take a slash too.

Have you ever cycled home and not remembered it the next day?

I am surprised though. Normally they don't give a damn about cyclists doing anything.

I wear a ski-mask while biking, I think that piqued their interest. And I was stopped there the other week for doing the same thing, so it might have been the same guy.

Been drinking and biking a million times. I find it fine.

That's good time. Fair play.

I broke a red light in front of a Gard car this evening and they came after me with the sirens blaring.
Don't know what came over me but I just jumped the kerb onto an adjoining road and legged it.
They chased me, but I was able to make it around a few turns and lost them.
My heart was pumping but eventually I just laughed my hole off.

Don't think I'll do it again though.

Secretly, I'd like to get in a chase with the Guards. Don't tell anyone.

I've done it once. It felt foolish. Most people say it's good fun but I found it very stressful, like I didn't have complete control of myself.
Certainly I was sober by the time I got to my destination.

I'd weigh up all the risks and decide what to do from there. I find that it's best avoided.
At least have lights and shit so that people can see you and how drunk you are and give you a wide berth on the road.

Secretly, I'd like to get in a chase with the Guards. Don't tell anyone.

I never got chased by Guards on my push bike. I have had a fair few scampers on the gluasrothar though. There is a technique to it, find somewhere that is really awkward for cars or weird and close and not visible from the road, get there fast, ditch the bike, walk somewhere if it gets you out of eye sight. Like a track, or a lane, or a the passage down the side of a house. Wait for 15 minutes.
You would only want to run for about 30 seconds, unless you can really bury yourself in traffic. Its stressful though. I dont like it. My heart is banging afterwards.

I knew a lad who ended up in court for running from cops on a bicycle. He was buckled though. He ended up in a spot of bother over that one.

I dont really get that drunk usually, but I rode over the limit I would say a few times. Strangely enough it didn't make that much difference I felt. I knew that my lines / reactions were a slightly off, but I just rode slower. I'm sure its a bit silly alright, I wasn't very drunk though I think. I would absolutely never get on a motorbike / in a car even if I am under the limit. I just dont drink and get on the motorbike at all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Over on Boards they've been doing a Sociable Cycling kind of thing.
Anybody can do it apparently, if you're not on the board you can email the dude for info.
All seems fairly easy going, but you can go off and do your own thing if you want to do more. Anyway, have a click of the link there and take a look at it.

i crashed into the fence around royale terrace hockey pitch years ago while cycling home from the noggin. Got one of the steel fence polls into my shoulder. i took the turn too early. being drunk i got up and made it the rest of the way home only to discover a big hole in my shoulder. i went to the hospital the next day and got internal and external stitches. drink was taken.

amazing ride by Kelly. Saturday's race was positively dull by comparison, though Cancellara is bit of an animal too. It gives hope to those who aren't waifs.

Roll on April. Should be a cracking classics season. Heres hoping for some bad weather for the Paris-Roubaix!!

we should organise a massive rain dance the night before for some more of this sort of thing. Can cancellara take paris roubaix again??

YouTube - 1994 Paris-Roubaix

we should organise a massive rain dance the night before for some more of this sort of thing. Can cancellara take paris roubaix again??

Cance been on excellent form lately with Tirreno-Arriatico and Milan-SanRemo last week. the big question i think is can he hold it for another 2 weeks and i'm not confident he can

and i'm in for the rain dance. i think it's a worthwhile cause. it's just not right a dry day in hell

Cance been on excellent form lately with Tirreno-Arriatico and Milan-SanRemo last week. the big question i think is can he hold it for another 2 weeks and i'm not confident he can

and i'm in for the rain dance. i think it's a worthwhile cause. it's just not right a dry day in hell

cycle sport has as its favourites:
Stuey o grady
Cancellara
Boonen
Big Magnus
Juan Antonio Flecha
Ballan
George Hincapie
Roger Hammond
Vladimir Gusev
Leif Hoste

but its a mad race so theres no way i'd bet on it. remember the train barrier incident, was that last year?

cycle sport has as its favourites:
Stuey o grady
Cancellara
Boonen
Big Magnus
Juan Antonio Flecha
Ballan
George Hincapie
Roger Hammond
Vladimir Gusev
Leif Hoste

but its a mad race so theres no way i'd bet on it. remember the train barrier incident, was that last year?

2 years ago i think

also i don't see Vladimir Gusev doing anything in Paris-Roubaix. i don't even think he'll start as he's with the blacklisted Astana team i think

not surprised at no mention of Tom Boonen. he's been off form lately but then again his performance next week in flanders or today in E3-Prijs could indicate better whether he casn win roubaix again

2 years ago i think

also i don't see Vladimir Gusev doing anything in Paris-Roubaix. i don't even think he'll start as he's with the blacklisted Astana team i think

thats only ASO races, not UCI races. AFAIK the ASO don't have Paris-Roubaix, just the tour and Paris-Nice. Could be wrong though.

I reckon Cancellara too, or his team-mate Frank Schleck.

thats only ASO races, not UCI races. AFAIK the ASO don't have Paris-Roubaix, just the tour and Paris-Nice. Could be wrong though.

I reckon Cancellara too, or his team-mate Frank Schleck.

list of aso owned events - http://www.aso.fr/evenements/events_us.html

cycling

Le Tour de France

Tour of Qatar
Paris-Nice
Le Critérium International
Paris-Roubaix
La Flèche Wallonne
Liège-Bastogne-Liège
Le Tour de Picardie
Le Tour de l’Avenir
Paris-Tours
Le Tour du Faso

L’Etape du Tour
L’Etape de Légende

i'm 90% sure it's paris-bordeaux - read about it in rough ride; they start(ed) at midnight so they stood a good chance at finishing before sundown the following day.

edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordeaux-Paris

I think they had to knock all races this long on the head. Too tempting for the participants to take drugs and that.

Its amazing they still run Paris-Brest, though thats not on the pro-calendar either. Just for pro drug takers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back