Jaysus cycling! (10 Viewers)

my pedal snapped off cycling home there. Was in Fairview when it happened and the good people in Little Sport sorted me.

Thank you kind people of Little Sport. You rule.

They are great in there. I had the biggest crush on the girl in there, Lorraine, when I was a wee 'un.
Good-looking and knew everything about bikes. Perfect woman.

Fuck me but it's scary when that happens with the pedal. Jesus.

Fuck me but it's scary when that happens with the pedal. Jesus.

I was lucky. It felt weird under my foot like it was moving but I wasn't sure if was just my foot slipping on it (cos it was wet). So I stopped to check

I decided it was grand, then got back up on the bike, was out of the saddle when bang, gone. Some young lad at the bus stop there by the fire station at Annesely Bridge gave me a big 'Jayyyysssuuuus' as I struggled to regain my balance before falling (which I did). So no real harm done, and only a 5 minute walk from Little Sport. Sadly, no Lorraine there but sound heads nonetheless.

I was lucky. It felt weird under my foot like it was moving but I wasn't sure if was just my foot slipping on it (cos it was wet). So I stopped to check

I decided it was grand, then got back up on the bike, was out of the saddle when bang, gone. Some young lad at the bus stop there by the fire station at Annesely Bridge gave me a big 'Jayyyysssuuuus' as I struggled to regain my balance before falling (which I did). So no real harm done, and only a 5 minute walk from Little Sport. Sadly, no Lorraine there but sound heads nonetheless.

They have an Eastern European lad who is pretty good. I'm pretty sure he sleeps in that back room though.

What pedals do you use?
Like some clip-ons or something?

They have an Eastern European lad who is pretty good. I'm pretty sure he sleeps in that back room though.

What pedals do you use?
Like some clip-ons or something?

thats him. Alexander or Andre or something like that. Real nice guy from the Ukraine. I was in the workshop with him while he was working on it.

For the hybrid I just use standard flat platform pedals. No clips or cleats. I wouldn't feel comfortable with them in the city, plus you have to wear the same shoes all the time with them, so the basic ones do me grand.

thats him. Alexander or Andre or something like that. Real nice guy from the Ukraine. I was in the workshop with him while he was working on it.

For the hybrid I just use standard flat platform pedals. No clips or cleats. I wouldn't feel comfortable with them in the city, plus you have to wear the same shoes all the time with them, so the basic ones do me grand.

Dude, get BMX pedals.
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=114
Metal ones.

They'll never let you down.

not a million miles from what I have. But a considerably cheaper version (20 euro to be exact).

Good deal.

I have what I consider to be the perfect bike for me.
A fixed gear road bike, with straight bars and BMX pedals.

Perfect for the city.

Gotta winterise the fucker though. Snow's coming here.

Just ordered new pedals last night. Welgo V8 copies. Been using a fucked pedal for about a week now. Hope it doesn't fall apart before the new ones arrive down from chainreaction.

... Hope it doesn't fall apart before the new ones arrive down from chainreaction.

Shit usually takes 2 weeks to come from them when i order. Love getting new push bike parts.

I wussed out on the cycling this morning drove the scoot instead. Been feeling tired all week reckon i needed the break to get the strength up for the weekend

It wasn't that bad really although I did have to use my hill climbing gear to get down the hill on Gardiner street and then was pushed along the flat part of Gardiner Street so strongly it felt like I was on my old Vespa. She's a blustery one today

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back