Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

I got a spanking new hybrid bike a few weeks ago.
I got it through the bike to work scheme up here in the north, and i had to spend an exact amount already specified. So I bought meself a damn good lock etc.

Anyhow, had the bike a week. Left it outside a cafe/pub place in town in a dark alley (like ya do... stupid i know but it was only 6:30). I came back out and the feckers cut away at the mudguard with a hacksaw, tried to saw the lock (fancy expensive chain worked wonders), so instead they jumped repeatedly up and down on the chain trying to pop the lock.

In doing so they bent the wheel and messed up the gears really badly, twisting part of the mettle that the wheel wouldn't turn at all. :(

Been in getting fixed for 2 weeks now because of christmas.... Boody selfish children and their first bikes... gurgh...

today my lock broke and my bike was stuck to the bicyle frame thingy in work.

so I drove up tonight with my dad and we smashed the lock open using a chisel!

awesome.

hmm. €300 to get my dad a bike for his 60th birthday. where's good to check out bikes in that price range?

you'll be limited enough with what you can get for that, but try the usuals. chainreactioncycles.com. cyclesuperstore.com, wiggle.co.uk.

Or if you're nice to flashback check out racycles.com and ask him to bring one over for you.

Actually I've heard the racycles folks are happy to help overseas buyers buy bikes by making life easy for them customswise (won't say how here, but they seem like mighty nice folks).

my bike got nicked outside my flat over new years ever, just plain vanished, no sign of it or the big fuck off lock I had on it

on the upside I got agreat second hand 'hybrid' from McDonalds Bikes on Camden street, bikes it deadly nick, lots better then my old one, and it was a fair $$$ too

Some of the prices I had been quoted were bats (considering I have a short ten minute up and down cycle everyday and am very aware that my bike will probably get nicked) and most everyone was mad to try and up-sell you too

Actually I've heard the racycles folks are happy to help overseas buyers buy bikes by making life easy for them customswise (won't say how here, but they seem like mighty nice folks).

I don't think RA cycles sell handlebars for under 300 euro, let alone full bikes for that price.

Nice people though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back