Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

dance party dancing GIF

Tonight I gotta cut loose, footloose
Kick off your clip-in shoes

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Goal unlocked

I used to live right there. The barriers don’t come down that fast; you’d need to be completely ignorant of your surroundings to mess that up.

also, how can a cyclist damage the gates? you'd come a fair cropper if you were going fast enough to damage them.
when that line is electrified, that level crossing will become unusable during rush hour.

when that line is electrified, that level crossing will become unusable during rush hour.
I think they use magic to stop that being an issue.

I suspect it might be some automated safety sensor type deal with the cyclist. The one near us has about 1 minute down time before the train comes which i suspect is to give plenty of room for errors, or some eijit climbing under the railing

also, how can a cyclist damage the gates? you'd come a fair cropper if you were going fast enough to damage them.

Years ago there was a public consultation on building a new road bridge to circumvent that, similar to what they did for the Ratoath Road. But I don’t see where they would find the space for it without CPOs and people losing their homes.

there's a lot of history with that level crossing. about 30 years ago, planning permission for the local estates was taking into account a new road bridge over the line, but the locals are up in arms about that proceeding now.
i'm out that way a lot, my parents live near to it - and my brother lives the other side of the line from them.

edit: my understanding was they'd left a wide strip north of the canal along this red line to facilitate the approach to the bridge. riverwood would be tight though.

1683535739678.png

there's a lot of history with that level crossing. about 30 years ago, planning permission for the local estates was taking into account a new road bridge over the line, but the locals are up in arms about that proceeding now.
i'm out that way a lot, my parents live near to it - and my brother lives the other side of the line from them.

The estates might have accounted for it, but I doubt the Celtic Tiger apartments on the Carpenterstown side did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back