Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

Just gave my details to a motorist in a 'cyclist' on motorist 'collision'. Lad pushing two bikes along, ran one into a stationary car and then claimed he'd hit her and demanded she get out to swap details. I was watching him because a few seconds earlier he'd tried the handle on a parked delivery van. I'd been waiting at the bus stop across the road watching the whole thing.

Just signed up for this

I think there's something wrong with me

Went out for 82km today, longest spin I've been on in many months and felt like I'd been beaten up by the time I got home. Haven't been on the bike enough recently and it was very blustery. Fair took it out of me.

I see cyclists doing daft stuff regularly e.g. breaking red lights etc.
but pedestrians are worse. some of them must have a death wish .
the last time I was in Dublin I saw three near misses of pedestrians and they all seemed to be the pedestrians own fault.
I am not able to drive BTW.

They all seems made expensive. Like 500+
Are there cheapo decent ones?

And do you think I will have difficulty finding one to fit my clown frames?
View attachment 16698
is the plan to bring it overseas?

I think that frame would fit in a bike bag, as opposed to a bike case (as in, a soft-shell one)..

Yes
On the plane
I'll look for the bags. Thanks
something like this.

it'll have feck all protection but you can pad the bag yourself on the inside.

something like this.

it'll have feck all protection but you can pad the bag yourself on the inside.
Thank you
My bikes are not at the value level of needing protection :)

Air Lingus used to have no need for a bag policy, just removing pedals and 90 degree the handlebars and tape up anything loose.

Yea I've seen people just put their bikes in massive cardboard boxes and tape them up. Nothing fancy needed at all.

Yeah, this has been my experience.
Aer Lingus will be cool
I just might be flying on into the US with a different carrier, and I want to avoid any shenanigans at check-in

This is all dependent on me getting out of my own goddamn way and booking the race in Texas tho
All talk so far

Propaganda working.
fucking nora - not to do with cycling, but; same judge, presumably the same court sitting.
a lad stopped on an escooter, who refused to provide insurance details; 4 year driving ban, €350 fine.
a lad stopped in a car doing 150km/h on the M1, three times over the legal drink limit; 3 year driving ban, €750 fine.

fucking nora - not to do with cycling, but; same judge, presumably the same court sitting.
a lad stopped on an escooter, who refused to provide insurance details; 4 year driving ban, €350 fine.
a lad stopped in a car doing 150km/h on the M1, three times over the legal drink limit; 3 year driving ban, €750 fine.

because it's who i am, i had to back check the one commenter who didn't think it was bullshit. E - Burke, Yaxley lennon, racism BINGO

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back