Jason Mc Ateer.......Idiot (1 Viewer)

nofriendo

Larger than life in more ways the one, Neil "Razor" Ruddock filled up a large part of the Soccer AM sofa this week and basically assassinated the character of his old team-mate at Liverpool, and "friend", Jason McAteer.
Ruddock held court in the studio for five minutes, and the Jester, McAteer, hung his head in shame.
In Razor's very own words on Mr Jason McAteer:
"Basically right, Dave, you are thick. Dave is his nickname. It goes back a long way because when he was at Bolton his nickname was Trigger. When he signed for Liverpool, Rob Jones was Trigger, and you can't have two Triggers, so we called him Dave. And he is thick.
"And he ruined my life once. I am from south London and I have always wanted to meet Jimmy White and I have never, ever, ever met Jimmy White. We are in a Dublin bar and Dave McAteer says to me, 'Razor, Razor, quick look, your hero Jimmy White has just walked in'.
"As I see Jimmy White, Dave shouts over to him, 'Jimmy! Jimmy! 180!'
"And I still ain't met Jimmy White.
"How about the time when we were in a villa in Spain and decided to hire a car and go to the beach for the day. So I got all the gear in the boot and Dave comes out with a big bag of ice.
I say: 'Dave, what are you doing?'
Dave says: 'It's for the drinks on the beach.'
I say: 'Dave, by the time we get to the beach the ice is going to be melted.'
So he says: 'Oh yeah, I will go and get another one'."
Finally, on Soccer AM, McAteer gets a word in, "I am never going to work again. I am afraid these are all true."
And so Ruddock says, "I ain't finished.
"Dave decided because we were all rich and Spice Boys, well he weren't because he was at Bolton, so he signed for Liverpool and he got his first wage packet, so me, him and Phil Babb went down to the docks to buy this new silver Porsche.
"So we had bought the new, silver Porsche and we went over to Dave's house and we had a night out. We get up in the morning and Dave is taking us to training.
"He goes out and he says, 'hold up lads, it's freezing out there, the car is covered in frost. I will go out there and start the engine, clear the frost off and we can finish our coffee and go to training'.
"So we finish the coffee and we go back out and the frost has gone but the car has locked itself and we couldn't get in it.
"I said, 'where are the spare keys.'
"He said, 'in the garage where I bought it from in case something like this happened'.
"So as we are trying to get in, this police car comes round the corner and we are trying to get in like three scallywags and we say, 'no, no it is Razor and Phil and Jason', and the police say, 'ok Mr McAteer, Dave, go and get a coathanger and we will try to open it. It most probably won't work with these new cars, but we will give it a try'.
"Dave walks back out with a wooden one."

Yeah, the McAteer stories are legendary.

I remember when he was on Podge & Rodge they listed a load of them.

One time McAteer was ordering a pizza, and the pizza dude asks him did he want it sliced into four or eight pieces and Trigger goes: "Four will do....I'm not that hungry"

Then there's the one about him applying for a credit card just after he joined Liverpool. He got to the part of the application where it said employer and he put down Liverpool FC. When it asked for his position in the organisation he asked one of his new club mates what he should put there because he saw himself as a midfielder but "the gaffer has been playing me at wing-back".

Then theres the one about his meeting with concert promoter Jim Aiken.

"Hello i'm Jim Aiken" to which McAteer replied,

"Oh right, i've never been there."

they showed a clip of this guy going arse over tit trying to climb some railings at a match on soccer am last week and then replayed it straight after..and mc ateer said 'why would he do it twice'..

I remember he was on a Question of Sport and part of the round was seeing pictures of sports people as kids and McAteer spent ages on his question saying the person looked familiar then couldn't guess it only to be told it was him.

except when he turned his back on his country in 2004.
ah here, he retired from international football aged 33, and to be fair, he was muck. and crocked. and he had a pretty good reason. smartest thing he ever did.

razor ruddock was on celebrity wife swap t'other day. his new wife was pete burns. they were lovely together.

Robbie Savage fellow scholar of Jason McAteer.
robbie_savage.gif

71976731_352x470.jpg

rudddocks response to a woman asking him a footie question at one of those guest appearance things in rathmines boozer " just show us your tits love" - hardly mr sophisticated himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back