Jaffa Cakes - Biscuits or cakes? (2 Viewers)

ostrichsyndrome

I'm in mid discussion about this,
when i think cake i think cheesecake, birthday cake, yum sponge cake...
when i think jaffa i think bikkies...
anyone wanna offer advice???

i was told, by a person, once, that when a cake goes off it goes, er, hard, and when a biscuit goes off it goes soggy. when a jaffa cake goes off, i believe it does the former, thus rendering it a cake.

Liadain said:
i was told, by a person, once, that when a cake goes off it goes, er, hard, and when a biscuit goes off it goes soggy. when a jaffa cake goes off, i believe it does the former, thus rendering it a cake.
Jaffa is an exception to the soggy/hard thing, it doesn't go hard if its left out, there was an altenative solution which was biscuit derived from french means baked twice, thus giving it a hard texture... but cookies are only baked once.... i'm more puzzled than ever and my argument has just taken on a different form....

Cake. They had a court case about this, because the tax is cheaper on cakes than biscuits, so to prove it was a cake they made a huge jaffa cake to prove jaffa cakes were mini cakes, so they didn't have to pay the higher rate of tax.

This is either the truth or an urban myth, not sure which.

Or maybe I made it up.

I'm more interested in Maltana (Where is your pride!)

malt3.jpg

Come on harris, you can do feta than that!

!cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy

choking_tara said:
I'm more interested in Maltana (Where is your pride!)

aw yuck, the McVities always taste stale and the orange stuff isn't orange, oh no, it's greeny-yellow
Sock Puppet said:
Mmm... Jaffa Cakes... never liked the Jacobs ones... always McVities for me...

ms.b.haven said:
aw yuck, the McVities always taste stale and the orange stuff isn't orange, oh no, it's greeny-yellow
mcvities yum, my local londis is doing 2 packs for 1.50, how chuffed was i cos they normally jack up prices to whatever the fuck they want.
tesco ones are ok... i dont especially like any part of the bikkie, it's just the combo that gets me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back