I'VE GOT FAT BALLS FOR ME BIRD (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
With these new early winters, I live in constant fear of my tits hardening up. There are two in my (lady) garden and i think one may be a cock.

Fat_Balls.jpg

fat-balls.jpg

birdwatch ireland FAQ said:
What is the best type of food to provide for garden birds?

Many birds will happily eat a whole range of different foods. Amongst the very best are sunflower seeds, pinhead oatmeal, sultanas, raisins, currants, grated cheese, cooked potato in any form, melon seeds, stale cakes, tinned cat or dog food, chopped bacon rind, fresh coconut, suet, uncooked pastry and meal worms. If feeding peanuts, be sure only to put them in a fine wire mesh container so that large pieces cannot be taken. Never feed the birds salted peanuts; it is safest to buy only nuts with the Birdfood Standard motif. Never use desiccated coconut as this may swell up inside the bird’s stomach. Be sure to moisten very dry bread. Birds also need water, even in winter, for drinking and bathing, to keep their feathers in good condition to insulate themselves during the long, cold winter nights, so be sure to provide this for them too.

peck out a few things from the above list which you think could satisfy the chicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back