It's ten years since.... (1 Viewer)

theinvisiblerep

Be Here Now.

It was the first album I ever bought - still have the tape, though its pretty fucked at this stage.

I still like about 2 songs of it despite its questionable quality.

Just thought I'd say is all....

Liked some of the stuff before be here now....I'd say for a band, playing oasis songs must be quiet boring The're all the same tempo, all strumming chords, no stops and starts, not much band interplay, same type of guitar solo in every one of them...maybe I'm wrong

No, I think you're right by and large. it seems to be the C, G, Am, F progression the whole time.

Still had some great songs though.

I brought it in Tower Records the day it came out and got a special stamp on the sleeve to preserve that fact forever.

Oasis were the first band I ever got into so I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Ah yeah, lots of good tunes, no bout a doubt it.
Remember when Liam got his teeth knocked out. Great stuff. He had that comin' a long time. He needs a hidin' a bout once a year that bloke, just to keep him in check....as does Michael o' Leary, Russell Crowe...ect..ect

you know i'd finally just about forgotten oasis and the mindless shit they polluted the entire fucking world with - until this thread
thanks guys
thanks alot

WhoCaresClock.jpg

Does that mean it's ten years since Blur, the album, came out?

Ah'm just a killah for your looooove

Fuck that came out the year I was going into secondary school. I was really into Oasis in 5th class but I thought Be Here Now was shit. In otherwords, I'd grown out of oasis ten years ago. I'm young how did you make me old?

Anyway regardless of how shit oasis were, they got me into music big time. I used to listen to Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory all the time when I was a kid. Saying Oasis are shit is no more impressive then saying the tooth fairy doesn't exist. I was a kid leave me alone. Oasis and the tooth fairy are still cool.

Fuck that came out the year I was going into secondary school. I was really into Oasis in 5th class but I thought Be Here Now was shit. In otherwords, I'd grown out of oasis ten years ago. I'm young how did you make me old?

Anyway regardless of how shit oasis were, they got me into music big time. I used to listen to Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory all the time when I was a kid. Saying Oasis are shit is no more impressive then saying the tooth fairy doesn't exist. I was a kid leave me alone. Oasis and the tooth fairy are still cool.
worryin if ye still think theyre cool though

Saying that Oasis aren't very good is no different from saying any band that isnt very good isnt very good. Leave the tooth fairy out of this. She deserves better.

Couple good songs on definitely maybe and i liked that "d'you know what i mean" at the time, but the rest of it was stinkers, and they were mad boring when i seen 'em in cork in, what, 96?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back