ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (2 Viewers)

has anyone playing good music whinged about loss of earnings or the potential loss of earnings? i can't think of any...

Nurse with Wound became a live act, after having refused to take the stage for 20 years, on account of the damage to sales. If you can't even trust obsessive weirdos to shell out then who can you trust? And why choose the word whingeing? A bit loaded isn't it?

The crackdown.

Report: FBI Learns Of Plot To Download Old School

June 26, 2007 | Issue 43•26

Related Articles

WASHINGTON, DC—Citing evidence culled from Internet and cellular phone chatter, the FBI announced Monday that they have "significant reason to believe" that, in the coming weeks, someone in the continental United States is planning to illegally download the 2003 film Old School.

"We will stop at nothing to ensure that this outrageous violation of copyright law does not occur on our soil," said FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III, adding that his best agents are working around the clock trying to prevent the digital theft of the popular comedy. "We are the last line of defense between the intellectual property rights of DreamWorks and total anarchy. We can only pray we'll be able to stop this criminal plot before it is too late."

If the perpetrator is not caught, Mueller said, the film's distributor stands to suffer monetary damages totaling as much as .03 dollars.
terminator.gif

If i could create a slightly inferior but wholly adequate copy using almost no resources?

I'll use the inordinate amount of money i spend on music both live and recorded to justify my own personal downloading habits but personally i think that argument and justification has a very short shelf life.

In ten years time when more and more music listeners have never known a time when free and easily available music wasn't available. How is this habit of paying for albums going to develop?

As said before, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle and even with a total shut down of the internet mass file sharing is still going to be a reality. There's no way to stop it bar going as far as Orwellian thought police.

Artists are going to have to find new ways to make a public passionate about their artistic careers so they can be adequately patronised. I believe it will be quality of output rather than a new, successful, one size fits all business model that will keep artists funded.

The bland, disposable and uninspired will suffer greater losses than the truly exciting and innovative but although the playing field may be levelled somewhat it's going to be a tougher game with fewer rewards for all parties involved. The mass excesses afforded by parts of the industry in decades, past destroyed more talent than it fostered, and this aspect will not be missed. From now on there'll be few monetory rewards beyond a comfortable living.

collecting mp3s is like collecting farts in a jar.

agreed. apart from the last dalek album i can't think of any mp3 only album that i own and really care about. which is good because my computer crashes once every year. unlike watching your vinyl/cd collection burn to the ground when you lose your mp3s it feels frustraiting but not heart breaking.

mmm yap, mainly cos when it comes down to the wire a hilarious amount of thumpeders have the politics of a middle-aged rural headmaster.

I suppose the thing that middle-aged rural headmasters have in common is responsibility, like a lot of adults. It can be a real buzzkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back