ISLANDS - Feb 18th whelans (4 Viewers)

Bah! I'd die for Arm's Way. I'm not sure what the exact circumstances of doing so would involve, but all's I means is it's immense. Can't wait for this show, now I know the album really well.

New album is really good. It's fairly straight-forward but the songs are strong. Not a patch on Return to the Sea, but I think that's a masterpiece.

Yeah, it's better than the second album but not a patch on the first.

His old Unicorn buddy Alden Penner is in town later in the month with his (excellent) new band Clues.

Nice, I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, the album is a little forced. But I find myself humming plenty of the songs, which is a good thing. Hopefully it'll be a transitional album and they'll produce greatness again. It's sad that after Return to the Sea and that AMAZING show in the Sugar Club they fell so flat.

...so I'm counting myself in the minority here that I loved every Islands/Nick album and show, and Arm's Way is prolly my favourite of the 3? I guess so!

so what's the deal, is this cancelled or not?

still haven't got around to their newest album. Haven't seen it in any shops and downloading is too much effort

in case anyone was unaware (like me) that tonights gig is cancelled:

Islands postpone UK and Irish Tour due to family bereavement
Islands have had to postpone their UK and Irish dates. The band have issued the following statement.
"We are very sorry to say that Islands have had to cancel and postpone their UK Tour. They have had a family bereavement which has made the tour impossible. The band plan to make it up at a later stage and play to all their fans"
Tickets purchased will be valid for new dates and are fully refundable from all points of purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back