ISLANDS - Feb 18th whelans (3 Viewers)

i thought they sounded like dexy's midnight runners. and then like paul simon in places. just saying like.

explains why I like them

btw when someone says 'sounds like Paul Simon' do they mean 'sounds like the Paul Simon album that is entitled "Graceland" '?

i thought they sounded like dexy's midnight runners.

yeah there was a bit of that alright. the first few songs had me thinking XTC and I was really having it. As the set progressed though it got way less interesting.and there were a couple of downright howlers in the middle. Overall verdict: bring back the Unicorns

explains why I like them

btw when someone says 'sounds like Paul Simon' do they mean 'sounds like the Paul Simon album that is entitled "Graceland" '?

sorry. yes. that is what i meant. i love that album (Graceland) can anyone reccomend any other paul simon albums that are as amazing as that album?

I enjoyed it, wasn't as magic as the first time they played but the new songs sound great. Unicron, I stand by the fact that they played swans in the sugar club

Saw George Mcfly afterwards, gave him a nod, he looked at me funny. I like to think we shared a moment.

i didn't see you! would have deffo said hello

i was however in the bar having beers and wasn't at the show. i did hear a definite 'graceland' thing going on though

Last year was outstanding. This year was ok.
Haven't gotten into the album at all. Anyone think it's good?

Anyway, for that price I'd have to go see them again.

Bah! I'd die for Arm's Way. I'm not sure what the exact circumstances of doing so would involve, but all's I means is it's immense. Can't wait for this show, now I know the album really well.

i was asked to play bass for Islands on this European tour... weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back