Isacc Butt's (2 Viewers)

wild eyed said:
What sort of a place is it?
What kind of a crowd does it pull on sunday nites?

i think isaac butts is a lovely spot that is definitely not a complete kip and playing there definetly does not make your band look like childish beginners.

i also think the sound is quite fantastic.

as to what sort of crowd it pulls, i'm sure its practically writhing with young nubile females dying to score with up and coming rock types.

lorcanzo said:
i think isaac butts is a lovely spot that is definitely not a complete kip and playing there definetly does not make your band look like childish beginners.

as to what sort of crowd it pulls, i'm sure its practically writhing with young nubile females dying to score with up and coming rock types.

great, that make's me feel great, but i wish i was in your shoes, obviously you are a rock legend and everyone wants a piece of you, but as for me i have to start sumwhere and if u can give a nice guy like me a better inkling as to where i should be looking for gigs in the fair city, pray, do tell. Im not making enemies tonite.

I'd agree with Lorcanzo...
Very nice venue and great sound.

Regarding getting a crowd, that may well depend on how many you invite yourself. I'm not sure how many drifters it gets in the door.

When I think of the people I've seen in Isaacs it ranges from Damien Dempsey right down to a band who I wouldn't have heard of from adam but for the fact that my best friends boyfriend is in the band. They're a good enough band in themselves but don't really move in band circles at all. Yet they've played there many times. See they have a regular slot supporting Alligator, who you may or may not have heard of. Alligator play frequently enough. Whether that's got something to do with the fact that Alligator's bassist is the brother of the soundman in Issacs is another issue. My point is, neither band contains any rockgods but I've never seen them have a bad gig and the crowd has always been ample.

Actually I've never had a bad night in there at any stage.
And the sound is always great and problem-free. Andy is top-notch. He's got credentials!

Having said all that, I don't think I've ever been dowstairs on a Sunday night. But inwayways, it's a top spot in my books and always seems to be a good place for very new bands to get a proper gig with proper sound.

F

lorcanzo said:

wait a minute, are u being sarcastic or not cause i dont know anymore....

The Isaac Butt is a *very* good place to start (and I'm not being sarcastic), the sound is good and the sound engineer (I think Allen is his name) is actually a erm.. sound bloke :)

Be careful though coz there are good gigs (E.G. The Sunday Sessions) and crap pay-to-play gigs (which I won't mention)

About the crowd, don't expect any regulars. Most likely, you'll be playing for your friends and for the friends of the other bands (which in some cases is not even bad)

Have fun! A.

There is no venue in Dublin that 'pulls a crowd'. If you want people to come you'll have to attract em yourself (or hope the promoter or the other bands do so)
Sorry. It's true for the 'rock legends' as well as for the beginners. Sundays in the IB (Garage Gigs, is it?) isn't a bad way to start getting a bit of gigging experience, but I'd plan to move on from it as quickly as possible if I was you

egg_ said:
There is no venue in Dublin that 'pulls a crowd'. If you want people to come you'll have to attract em yourself (or hope the promoter or the other bands do so)
Sorry. It's true for the 'rock legends' as well as for the beginners. Sundays in the IB (Garage Gigs, is it?) isn't a bad way to start getting a bit of gigging experience, but I'd plan to move on from it as quickly as possible if I was you
I believe the Garage Gigs are pay-to-play, probably you refer to "The Sunday Sessions" organised by Dave Allen (I have his mobile #, please PM if needed), despite I never played any I heard good things about them

egg_ said:

what is the next step after a few gigs in isacc butts?

About Those Slate Photos...

I can say that those photos that look like they were taken in Isaacs werent. I know it looks like Isaacs. I would like to know where they were taken so i could avoid it. If it was Isaacs could all potential "Security Personel" please send us your cv as we will be hiring very soon.

Excuse all typos please.

Thanks for the feedback both positive and negative, Sorry to the chap who wont play here again. Curious to know why.

I think Lorcanzo may have a hint of sarcasm there:)

egg_ said:
off the point a tad for what your looking for Wild_eyed, Whelan's is one of the best venues for pulling a crowd, but mainly for a Friday and Saturday night, you can almost alway garantee a good crowd on those nites even if your....lets say the Chalets ;)
I love playing there on those nites because it makes me feel popular and I can pretend that people like my music !ironyyy

TheIsaacButt said:
I can say that those photos that look like they were taken in Isaacs werent. I know it looks like Isaacs. I would like to know where they were taken so i could avoid it. QUOTE]
I think it might be the dreded "Break for the boarder" ughhh, I feel dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back