Is Morrissey a Racist?? (1 Viewer)

Mmm. I love the smiths and lots of his solo stuff. But I reckon he ain't the nicest individual. I don't think he's racist, he's just turning into prince Phillip.

He was on the one show a while ago. Their talking about people losing they're jobs, adrian chiles says "you have to sympathize with these people" To which Morrissey says, why sympathize with them?. The nordie girl with the full mouth of teeth is not impressed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Adrian Chiles was talking about white-collar workers though, i.e., unemployed bankers and whatnot. As far as I could tell, Morrissey was implying that blue-collar types have been going through this kind of thing for decades, and the white collar types who have instigated it don't deserve sympathy. A bit simplistic I suppose but I like his provocative ways.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/08/morrissey-storms-off-liverpool

Fans in uproar after Morrissey storms off

Two weeks after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties, Morrissey was at the centre of controversy again last night when the former Smiths singer stormed off during a performance in Liverpool after a plastic beer glass was thrown.
Scuffles broke out among frustrated fans leaving the Liverpool Echo Arena after they were told that the notoriously temperamental star could not carry on. Eyewitnesses said the singer narrowly avoided being hit during the second song of the night, but was splashed in the face.
The 50-year-old was taken to hospital last month after he fell to the floor during a performance at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon. He has cancelled several other dates this year, telling fans he had "endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus".
One concert-goer, Polly Wilson, 19, said: "Everyone just turned to each other in disbelief. At £35 to £45 a ticket, all we got was one song and a half."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLUI7IGb38"]YouTube- Morrissey Liverpool ECHO ARENA[/ame]

The Smiths will always be one of the great loves of my life, but in answer to the question yes. yes he is, in my opinion.

I heard Mozzas cat died because he was only giving it vegtables.

One of the greatest lyricists ever.Doent mean you have to be sound though.

nice shot

indeed it was

according to Clinic and The Music slut, this is the fella that threw it at him
culprit.jpg

indeed it was

according to Clinic and The Music slut, this is the fella that threw it at him
culprit.jpg

I've never really understood why you would hurl anything at a performer (or at least anything nasty, a guy I used to see at gigs around Dublin used to throw c.ds that he'd made at bands, I think he said one was of his own stuff and one of stuff he thought the band would like, he was a weird kid altogether). you wouldn't throw stuff at someone walking down the street unless you're a total prick, if anyone threw something at me I'd probably have to have a right go at finding them. Just grab the first person you see laughing and beat them shouting "Gimme a name damn it" and go from there, it's what jesus would do, if he was played by Clint, in a Sam Peckinpah version of the bible which would be quite entertaining to a certain type of gig/movie goer.

any way anyone here ever thrown anything at a stage and why?

Oh and Morrissey is the worst kind of Racist

an English one.

he's like a singing John Terry these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back