Is Born To Run The Greatest Song Ever? (1 Viewer)

imgad

All the redemption he can offer that poor girl is beneath this dirty fleshy hood.

So which Bruce song do you think is the best song ever written in the history of humankind?

I will be outside your house with the booming system to convince you that in fact, it is Born to Run.

The thread title was a rhetorical question.
Not a fuckin hope is it the best song ever.

Like there fecking is one or something.
It's probably in the ear of the beholder, no?

I usually just say Sly's If You Want Me To Stay or Teenage Kicks but I'd never expect anyone to ever agree with me.

God Only Knows.

That is to say God Only Knows is the best song ever rather than God Only Knows what the best song ever is.

Sorry, guys, I think maybe I didn't make myself all that clear.

BORN TO RUN IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER.

I'm not like, "Hey guys, let's have a debate about Born To Run." No, what I mean is that:

I WANNA KNOW IF LOVE IS WILD, GIRL I WANNA KNOW IF LOOOVE IS REEEEEEAAAAL.

Although I will add that just as I was typing this, Teenage Kicks came on the radio, which is a rather odd coincidence, as if a message from the rock and roll beyond, sent to remind me that indeed it is a great tune as well.

In closing, as I have demonstrated above, Born to Run is the greatest song ever.

Whimper.

No.

Sadly, I'm actually very shit at having rock star crushes -- Bruce is kinda my only one. (Unless you count -- sorry about this -- Bryan Adams when I was a nipper.) I have more fantasies about being asked to be his biographer than I do about actually making out with him.

I wish I were better at being a randy fangirl. when I was wee, I wanted to be in the E-Street Band and it would only be through that that Bruce and I would eventually marry. Never mind the fact that I was about 10, could barely hold my saxophone and had not considered the fact that he may not ever look for another sax player or missus again.

All I've got left is biographer. Just give me that.

I wish I were better at being a randy fangirl.

Does anyone really want to be this? I mean, I joke and all but all my 'crushes' would end at having a pint and a chat. Otherwise they'd undoubtedly do something normal and human to ruin it. Like Jeff Tweedy drawing a face on his stomach and sticking a cigarette in his belly button to pretend it was smoking. I broke up with him right there.* No more faux beau.

*in my crazy head of course.

Yeah clear as day in my place too on Thursday and Friday. I was at another gig last night so I missed out.

Heard "Glory Days" blaring in Milltown on Sunday night while walking from the car to the flat. Imagine playing a gig at that volume, blasting half a city out of it..|..|

Still don't get the Springsteen worship though.

He's no Bob or Neil.

I remember a friend of mine was playing house and techno to about 800 people and he decided to play Born To Run at the climax of his set. He obviously believed that it was going to be the ultimate euphoric end of night tune but it completely died on it's arse. Virtually everyone in the building stopped dancing and just stood there and stared at him in baffled confusion. After the gig a few of us were hanging around with my DJ friend backstage and he was still a bit pissed off about it so I put my arm around him and said "tramps like us baby we were born to run" and a little a smile crept onto his face before I quickly added "away from the dance floor". Everyone in earshot burst their holes laughing while my friend shook his head and muttered "that's just not funny". I thought it was.

The strong shall devour the meak reward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back