is anyones parents into the same music as them? (2 Viewers)

c0De_n1NjA said:
my ma goes out with me on friday nights to gigs, we take loads of coke, then go out to the carpark and ride each other.

you were so nice and polite in your first post, eg, "hi im code ninja, im into music and meeting new people" then someone dissed you and now your like the bringer of death and chaos. kind of like some comic book supervillain such as magneto.

hi magneto.

My interest in music probably comes from listening to my Dad's Springsteen records, we've gone to see him twice together. He also regularly gets me to burn him copies of albums I own by older acts like Dylan, Cohen and Cash but he doesn't really care for new stuff, he thinks Sufjan is OK but uses too many "funny chords". He sometimes insists that we jam together and then annoys the fuck out of me becasue he's a better guitarist than I am and throws in all these little blues and country runs which throw me off completely.

My mum isn't really into music, she likes things that are "nice". She said that an Iron and Wine song that I was trying to learn once was "nice".

i pretty much listen to all my folks stuff... 50s r'n'r, jazz, folk and a shitload of psychedelic rock. at the moment they're listening to tortoise and stuff. when i hit the teenage years i blagged all my sister's siouxsie and the banshees and cramps records. i need to find my own music goddammit!

My ma likes Phil Coulter ..|..|
My da likes Johnny cash.

My mother isnt very up to date with my musical taste the last cd i played while in the car with her was Never mind when I was 14 she still feels compelled to shout out if shes kurt cobain on the televsion when im not in the room for me to come look at it as she still thinks nirvana are my favorite band. My friends mother is really into David Bowie and the Velvet Under ground.

one of my earliest memories is listening to my dads talking heads greatest hits. For a couple of years we were polar opposites in terms of music but now i seem to be listening to nothing but cohen dylan cash and young and thats all stuff my dad has always liked.

Ed said:
My dad's into the stones, bowie, dylan, kate bush, tangerine dream and dire straights.
My mum likes sigur ros, elliott smith, bela bartok and spiritualized's more floaty moments
straits

pete said:
you're going to spell

Who needs spelling?
Sounds like pencil necked geek talk!
Come back to me when you can do this:
neckbridge.jpg

Roisin said:
she still feels compelled to shout out if shes kurt cobain on the televsion when im not in the room for me to come look at it as she still thinks nirvana are my favorite band.

Thats her trying connect with you. Give her a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back