is anyones parents into the same music as them? (1 Viewer)

0My mam used to be a big Sabbath,Zeppelin and Lizzy head.She loves the blues aswell so we share similar enough tastes.The aul lad was a reggae head
but Im not to into that.

My mam seen a dvd of us play before and we were engaging in bit of feedback and she turns around goes"Who do you think you are?Sunno(sic)?
It was pretty funny,I must have left the cd in the kitchen cd player and she played it or something.

played the wonder stuff's HUP for the da years back and he said it sounded like the pixies crossed with the waterboy's fisherman's blues

fucker had it nailed

Oh now I get your buzzz,youre dead funny
c0De_n1NjA said:
my ma goes out with me on friday nights to gigs, we take loads of coke, then go out to the carpark and ride each other.

c0De_n1NjA said:
my ma goes out with me on friday nights to gigs, we take loads of coke, then go out to the carpark and ride each other.

did you ever snort the coke off her arse??

now that'd be a good story . . .

the awl fellah an meself have gone to gigs together, but mostly stuff that is his fault I love and my fault he keeps listening to... like Brian Wilson n Simon n Garfunkle
He likes the awl Jonny Cash and the like, Melanie, Gilbert O' Sullivan

More recently I've caught him rapping verbatum along with Eminem... I blame my sister...

He's a cool guy

My dad's into the stones, bowie, dylan, kate bush, tangerine dream and dire straights.
My mum likes sigur ros, elliott smith, bela bartok and spiritualized's more floaty moments

my mother likes the music of the showbands, garth brooks and daniel o'donnell.

My dad likes trad, horrendous country and irish, kenny rodgers and willie nelson. Being in a car with him is a test of endurance. I am never allowed to play anything.

In short, it is a miracle I have the exemplary music taste that I do.

My old man was a mod in the 60's, so he's mad into his soul. He has a huge box of old staxx and motown 7"'s, but he didn't keep them in the sleeve so now they are all scrathed to fuck and virtually unplayable.

The other week we were watching the Sunday night of Glastonbury and he was liking the jaxx.

My mother is a hopeless case however.

my dad hates all music regardless of type, always has.

my mum listens to leonard cohen, mozart, antony and the johnsons (all good) and also meatloaf, pink floyd, queen (which is not so good to me).

My dad has Elvis 78s. I blame his old Band On The Run record for my interest in music. About 2 years ago he bought my mother AC/DC powerage for christmas. She was not impressed. She knows most of the old metal bands we listened to and if we've ever been to a gig always asks who it was.
Parents love saying things like "hasn't he gotten old" when Ozzy is on the TV.

Stan Bowles said:
My old man was a mod in the 60's, so he's mad into his soul. He has a huge box of old staxx and motown 7"'s, but he didn't keep them in the sleeve so now they are all scrathed to fuck and virtually unplayable.

That makes me sad. :(

Anthony said:
About 2 years ago he bought my mother AC/DC powerage for christmas.

haha - when i saw that sitting on the table in their place i naturally assumed it was David's or yours...too funny.

i just remembered a conversation i had with the mother about 10 years ago, wherein it was revealed my father was a big fan of CCR at one point.

figures...you should have seen the hippy 'do on him in his salad days...dirty fuckin' incense eater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back