is anyones parents into the same music as them? (2 Viewers)

Ben Richards said:
bob dylan was a fucking religion in my house when i was younger. still is. and every sunday after dinner the family would go into the sitting room and watch kate bush videos. we did it for years.

i prefered watching Kate Bush videos in the privacy of my own room

george mcfly said:
my da met Gary Numan on Killiney Beach a few months ago..
and they had a chat about swimming

he also met Joe Elliot and said he was a twat
and the guy from the Leppard with something wrong with his face, he said he was alright

i know a guy who met jeremy irons at howth junction dart station. what the fuck was he doing in donaghmede :confused:

on the plus side, your perfectly toned pecs and upper arms are the envy of many.

FancyGoods said:
That is good indeed. I have terminated my brief affair with them too - just can't take the 3 day 'hangovers' they induce.

Ben Richards said:
i know a guy who met jeremy irons at howth junction dart station. what the fuck was he doing in donaghmede :confused:

the guy lives in Cork - naturally he has to take a trip up to Donaghmede shopping centre for a dose of Dublin's cutting edge shopping.

One of the last CDs my Mam bought was that Ray Charles thing with Norah Jones and saps on it. It's cool that she buys herself music from time to time if something takes her fancy though and she always likes when we buy albums for her. I make her comps for her car with nice pop music on them n stuff cos I can't bear the thought of her listening to Marianne Finuchan and Joe Duffy, so as a result there's some songs that she considers to be her favourites that I also consider to be mine, but it's music from 'her generation' a lot of the time. Like others have mentioned, she likes Bonnie Prince Billy, Sufjan Stevens, etc. She's the most tolerant person I know when it comes to music- she wouldn't raise an eyebrow or say a word no matter what music people chose to play in her company. Oh except she thinks Gett Off by Prince is just terrible.

george mcfly said:
i prefered watching Kate Bush videos in the privacy of my own room

she never did it for me. even the video for babooshka or whatever way its spelt. her videos were quality. even chris cunningham ripped off a scene of one of her videos for the come to daddy video.

my dad claims to have shared a lift with orson welles.

anyway, the most important connection i make between my parents and music is that when i was a kid i used to have to turn music up really loud to drown out the noise of them having sex.

ramps said:
my dad claims to have shared a lift with orson welles.

anyway, the most important connection i make between my parents and music is that when i was a kid i used to have to turn music up really loud to drown out the noise of them having sex.

OHHHHH!!!! a friend of mine has walked in on his parents screwing on several horrendous occasions - mostly in the kitchen but mostly on the leather sofa. no music involved.

avernus said:
OHHHHH!!!! a friend of mine has walked in on his parents screwing on several horrendous occasions - mostly in the kitchen but mostly on the leather sofa. no music involved.

shit? in the kitchen????

i heard my dad telling my mother to shut up once mid sex cos she was making too much noise.

my mom used to listen to new country shit, and my dad listens to baseball games...so, no - we didn't/don't listen to the same stuff.

but, on the positive side, the mother taught me to play guitar, and the father taught me to play baseball, so there'll always be a spot for them in my cold, dead heart...

was raised on the beatles, the band, joni, neil, planxty and the bothy band!

walked into the room as a young fellah where the da was listening to some screaming blues solo, thinking i was cool i looked at him and simply said 'hendrix?' . . . i'll never forget the disdain on his face when he looked at me and said 'clapton'

shit like that stays with ya forever

avernus said:
your friend had a leather sofa in the kitchen?

decadent.

my da brought me to see neil young and pearl jam in slane in 1992. i was but a lad of 8 years. he still goes to gigs in his 'meat is murder' t-shirt. its awful funny. if i'm doing the same in 30 yrs time i'll be happy out:) .

my aul boy brought me and my mate to see ub40 in RDS in '92 i think. then he got stoned with a load of college students and drove us home after the gig off his tits. only found out about this a year ago. remind me to rep him when i get home.

When I was about 15 I used to be into Bauhaus in a big way and I had the bella lugosi's dead t-shirt. My Dad one day pointed out to me that I was wearing an image of hitler's head and then started talking to me about how their music was stripped down like the architectural movement of the same name. That shut me up.

I got into jazz and folk by raiding his collection. And other stuff too.

Edit: This is what I'm talking about. It's Hitler's head superimposed on the bat-like thing.

bauhaus1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back