is anyones parents into the same music as them? (3 Viewers)

my dad likes good rock, like hendrix/the who/ led zep/bowie.also likes janes addiction and pearl jam.|..| . mum however has awful taste: enya!zed and simon and garfunkle(sp) are her favourites.

so my mum was up in her room playing her so called heavy metal music really loud and im downstairs trying to watch the news. i had no choice but to ground her. she'll have to learn some responsibility.

I've lost count of the number of times I've arrived home and the mother is there playing a bit of the Merzbow. Sure she even went away and bought 50 CD players just to listen to the Merzbox in parallel.

My daughter likes: Stereolab; The Beach Boys; Steely Dan; Sonic Youth - she was bopping heavily to some Joe Meek productions yesterday.

I've been supplying my folks with: Jimmy Webb / Glen Campbell; Kate Rusby; The Byrds; Gram Parsons; Johnny Cash; Gene Clark.

I'm going to start a thread where we discuss the records that made otherwise relaxed parents get uptight...
See you there....

A cute Dermody girl that has cool taste in music. Whoodathunkit?

chickenham said:
My daughter likes: Stereolab; The Beach Boys; Steely Dan; Sonic Youth - she was bopping heavily to some Joe Meek productions yesterday.

I've been supplying my folks with: Jimmy Webb / Glen Campbell; Kate Rusby; The Byrds; Gram Parsons; Johnny Cash; Gene Clark.

I'm going to start a thread where we discuss the records that made otherwise relaxed parents get uptight...
See you there....

czar said:
was raised on the beatles, the band, joni, neil, planxty and the bothy band!

walked into the room as a young fellah where the da was listening to some screaming blues solo, thinking i was cool i looked at him and simply said 'hendrix?' . . . i'll never forget the disdain on his face when he looked at me and said 'clapton'

shit like that stays with ya forever

Can I steal that scene from your life and put it in a film? If I ever make one.

My dad doesn't listen to music just BBC World Service and Five Live. My Mum has good taste. Likes most of the non-noisy stuff I like. She thought the lyrics to Waste Of Paint by Bright Eyes were excellent. She also has old Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel records too.

Funnily enough my Dad played piano with Duke Ellington when he was on his J1 (or early seventies equivalent) in New York as he was covering for the louge pianist in the hotel he worked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back